cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage

zainalvi80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I bought the public Mobile sim in 2019. When I got the sim I was told it will work only in GTA, I once went to NIAGRA, I didn't have any signals there. Will it work outside GTA now because I think Public is using Telus network now. 

12 REPLIES 12

@Billslam   you just joined PM and joined with 4G speed from beginnig?

or you joined 3G speed first and then change to 4G speed?

and you checked your network type?

either way, you can open ticket with PM support and ask them to fix the speed

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Billslam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's very slow,,

01.jpeg

@Billslam 

to confirm 4G speed:

Select Settings.
Select Mobile Data.
Select Mobile Data Options.
Select Voice & Data.
To enable 4G, select 4G.

If you new to PM , PM should have set you up the proper speed

I suggest you to download speed test app and check.  This is one good one: (Please note each test can use as much as 500Mb):

https://www.speedtest.net/apps

Billslam

Good point, you remind me, how can I check the network is correct / under 4G?

I join the 4G speed plan, oh my, really worries PM release the wrong speed to me.!!

@Billslam   iPhone does not have much APN settings to play around

First, make sure Carrier profile is updated

Then Refresh All Network 

make sure network mode is automatic or 4G

And, you have 3G speed plan or 4G speed?

Markham , and other most GTA area, should have good Telus coverage.  I don't see they have bad coverage other than some local network issue 

Billslam

I am using iPhone 13, did I need to set the APN?

@Billslam   what phone do you have ? brand and model?

Try click Refresh All network

then, make sure the preferred netowk type or network mode is set to Automatic or 4G

Billslam

I not often make call, most likely check website, ss media app and Google map, even though around Markham area, the network is under loading.....

@Billslam   are you having issue with voice?

PM, unlike Telus or Koodo, is ONLY using 3G for voice and do not provide VoLTE.  This could make voice calls not as reliable as Telus or Kood if you are in a weak 3G network area.    However, good news is there is rumour that Pm will enable VoLTE soon, no confirm date 

Other than voice, PM has the same data coverage as Telus, so it should be reasonably close to Rogers coverage overall.  Of course, there could be regional differences.

Which city and province you are at?

Billslam

After use 2 weeks PM switch from Zoomer, a bit disappointed, they say network coverage under Telus, i thought will be better than Rogers network, but at the end is nothing improve, sometimes are worse than Zoomer.

@zainalvi80 

The information that you were given in 2019 was incorrect.  The person was probably going based off of old information from back around 2010.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@zainalvi80 did you get mixed up with Freedom ?  Only Freedom coverage is more limited.  With PM coverage, it is as good as Bell and Telus.  So, it is NOT just GTA but major part of Canada 

and you are talking  Niagara Falls?  It works there without problem

Need Help? Let's chat.