cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not activate cellular data network

Gurpie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have an iPhone 13 pro max and am on iOS 15.4 Dev beta. My data hasn’t been working, whenever I turn it on it shows as 3G on top and gives me the error “Could not activate cellular data network”. I have tried pretty much everything. I’ve restarted, hard reset, reset network settings, changed voice and data to 5G and tried every option. When I go to settings> cellular> cellular data network, it shows the APN as “isp.telus.com”. I followed the steps from the bot and put “sp.mb.com” and still didn’t work. It also said to do other things but the only options I get are “APN, Username, and password”. 

any help is appreciated, 

thank you

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

Perhaps you could add an edit to the solution with the fix that became available a few days ago and was supplied by @Coreyb .

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Fix-for-iOS-15-4-19E5209h-Data-issue/td-p...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Belltrix : This has been great of you to pipe in on this. Would you be willing to dabble around with a couple ideas with 15.4? The ideas are in this post. There's a dial code and an app. Would be very interested in what you see. Seems you're rather more technically inclined than seemingly most Apple users.

Belltrix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@softech wrote:

@Belltrix   is that true we have to download the 15.3 ipsw file from somewhere online?  which one is a trusted source?

Download from here: 

https://ipsw.me/product/iPhone

@Belltrix   is that true we have to download the 15.3 ipsw file from somewhere online?  which one is a trusted source?

@Anonymous   you are right... that likely is a hotspot screen.. i was so happy and thought OP can hack into it and test it out  😞

I need any iPhone myself to play around with it... can Jade send me one?  I will send her back once I done testing 15.4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : You and I both floundering around in the Apple world 🙂 . I would be quite certain that the OP is looking at the hotspot APN.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gurpie wrote:

When I go to settings> cellular> cellular data network, it shows the APN as “isp.telus.com”. I followed the steps from the bot and put “sp.mb.com” and still didn’t work. It also said to do other things but the only options I get are “APN, Username, and password”. 

any help is appreciated, 

thank you

@Gurpie   You were able to update APN?  I thought you cannot easily do that with iOS and you cannot touch the Carrier Profile.

If you can do it, perfect.. we were try to see if it is an issue with IPv6.  can you update APN protocol and set it to IPv4?

APN protocol: IPv4

Belltrix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Or you could simply do on iTunes: Shift + click Update, load the 15.3 ipsw file. No need for a restore.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Gurpie 

This is how another member successfully downgraded from the beta iOS 15.4.

Yes, I was able to downgrade via iTunes app in Windows 11. You will have to have the iTunes program running and the iPhone connected via USB cable. Then press upper volume button quickly and release. Do same with lower volume button. Then hold the right button until you get a refresh message on the phone and a dialog box on the iTunes screen offering to Update or Refresh. Press the Refresh and let 'er rip. It will refresh the last official release which is 15.3 at the moment. When that has completed, keep the USB cable connected and use the backup restore function in the iTunes screen.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

After all that is done, set up or sign in to your Apps.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gurpie 

You need to downgrade the IOS 15.4 beta to the public IOS 15.3.

I don’t know why the IOS beta are installed rather than the public IOS? Beta are for developers testing iPhone issues.

Beta removal 

Then go to Settings>General>Software Update to IOS 15.3.

@Gurpie wrote:

Hello,

I have an iPhone 13 pro max and am on iOS 15.4 Dev beta. My data hasn’t been working, whenever I turn it on it shows as 3G on top and gives me the error “Could not activate cellular data network”. I have tried pretty much everything. I’ve restarted, hard reset, reset network settings, changed voice and data to 5G and tried every option. When I go to settings> cellular> cellular data network, it shows the APN as “isp.telus.com”. I followed the steps from the bot and put “sp.mb.com” and still didn’t work. It also said to do other things but the only options I get are “APN, Username, and password”. 

There has been some talk about connectivity issues after a recent IOS update.  While I don't have any first hand experience, some have reported restoring full services by downgrading the phone's software.

Need Help? Let's chat.