cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issue

jennabeau
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I am on the phone I am unable to use any apps that use data or send texts.

17 REPLIES 17

jennabeau

I did all this and it worked for a day and is now back to not working again. I tried location but it doesn’t matter where I am I can’t be on the phone and use any data at the same time. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@jennabeau 

1. turn off device take out SIM card and insert back turn on.

2. Reset Network Settings,   How press in here link

3. This guide will show you how to set up Internet on your iPhone either by resetting your phone to default Internet settings or by setting up the network manually. Set up Internet - Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max

4. check  APN settings

5.  Software update latest version IOS

6.  Rebooting device.

still have issue  tried this   Fix for iOS.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

It's been a rough morning....

@darlicious  OP  has an iPhone 13 Pro Max, i think that has a lot more LTE bands

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jennabeau 

Here are your phone's frequencies....

NETWORK
TechnologyGSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands1, 3, 7, 8, 20, 40
SpeedHSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE

You are a little light on LTE so any interruptions with the network leave you without much of a back up plan. 

Edit:

Ignore all this wrong thread, wrong OP and wrong phone.....whoopsie !!

jennabeau

I don’t have another phone to try it on. I’m at work now and can’t really go somewhere else right now so I’ll have to do it later on. Thank you 

@jennabeau   there is a problem with 3G data in your particular location now.  

Can you try it somewhere else , away from where you are now.  Just want to confirm if it is a location issue or not

Also, if you have another phone around, try to put your PM sim there and test it out

jennabeau

So I did that and I cannot use any data when I select 3G

@jennabeau   check here:

https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/public/en/apple/iphone-6s/ios-11/guides/24/Switch-between-3G-4G-Ap...

basically

Select Settings.
Select Mobile Data.
Select Mobile Data Options.
Select Voice & Data.
To enable 3G, select 3G.
To enable 4G, select 4G.

jennabeau

It’s just a toggle for automatic there’s no where for me to select 3G just gives me the option to turn off automatic but my network stays on LTE

@jennabeau   test this out.  Change your network type to 3G from Automatic , then try to see if you can access internet while it is on 3G and not on a call

jennabeau

There is no option to update 

@jennabeau wrote:

Carrier profile says public mobile. When I make calls it switches to 3G most of the time. 

@jennabeau 

Switching to 3G is correct    PM only uses 3G network for voice and the phone will automatically switch over 

You have an iPhone?  At the Carrier profile, do you have a choice to update?  If so, please update

jennabeau

Carrier profile says public mobile. When I make calls it switches to 3G most of the time. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Whenever you use your calling features your phone automatically switches to the 3G or UMTS network. Can you use mobile data? Did you update your carrier profile to public mobile?

jennabeau

It is a iPhone 13 pro max. I can use data apps and texts no problem when I’m not on the phone. It’s on autoconnect there’s no 3G option 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jennabeau 

What is the make and model of your phone? Does your data work when you are not using voice services? Is your network setting on autoconnect or is it in 3G only?

Need Help? Let's chat.