cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion about Subscribed Data Plan - Whether its for 3G or 4G or both

aaleem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

I am subscribed to the following package plan (90 days plan)

This plan includes: -

• - 3 Choices
  • - 6GB Data
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

$135 per 90 Days

Question : 6 GB data - Is it for 3G or 4G or both types of data usage , since the plan does not describe it and when I subscribed to this package plan back in June 2017 ,there was no option/segregation of 3G or 4 G data choice

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PostPunk the plan on the left is 12GB total, all in full speed; the plan on the right is 18GB total, all in "3G" speed (capped to 3Mbps). Edit: there are no mixed-speed plans where some amount is capped and some is not. It's all one or the other.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PostPunk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having the same issue. If I am to understand the previous post is the picture below the EXACT SAME PLAN except with an additional 6 GB at 3G and almosst $40 cheaper? How do they tell what is 4G and what is 3G? Or is it 12GB at 4G on the current plan and 18 gb at 3G on the new plan?Cell Plan.jpg

srlawren

For reference for anyone that's unsure of what data speed they have, here's how you can tell by looking in your self-serve account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

Any plans purchased before the 3g options were introduced are LTE.

Also 3g plans will specifically mention 3g in the plan description you posted.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is the full LTE speed plan.  The 3G plan deals all come with province wide calling, not Canada wide calling.  You could download a speed test app and do a test.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Extended-We-ve-Expanded-Our-Offerings-I...

Need Help? Let's chat.