cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting promo info

NickleNDimeCdn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello - 

I'm confused about when you actually need to activate your SIM (potential new Public customer) in order to get the 2GBBONUS deal.

General website page says you must activate your sim by Dec. 1st.

When I sent my email to activate promotion, the response page immediately after submitting said activate by Dec. 17th...

...However, the email they sent to my address said activate by Dec. 1st.

I contacted chat twice.  The first person said I wouldn't get the 2GB bonus if I didn't activate by the 1st, just one month free.

The second person said I would get the entire promo deal if I activate sim by Dec. 17.

I'm still waiting on my sims to arrive by mail (ordered them 2 days ago).

I've already wasted a lot of time trying to straighten this out...

Thanks for help!

49 REPLIES 49

IanM1

Ok thanks. I guess that was buried in the middle of the 15-page announcement thread somewhere.

This was a very confusing offer.

PM put two separate offers in one paragraph with unclear separation between them, so it's not entirely clear which conditions apply to which offer. One can read carefully and make an interpretation, but then the wording was changed slightly elsewhere.

The confirmation message I got back after registering my email (prior to Dec, 1) mentioned only the 2 Gbyte add-on promo, and didn't say a word about the free month that was part of the same promo. It also tells me I am subscribed as ".", although obviously the reply came back to the correct email address.

After activating with the registered email before Dec. 17, there is no indication that the promo free month will be received. Between 31 and 60 days is fine, but the feedback should be a little more than it is!

@IanM1 

Jade_S clarified in the announcement thread that it is a third month free credit which means the credit will be applied between day 31 and day 60 to your account balance.

IanM1

During 2nd cycle to be applied to 3rd cycle? Isn't that an awfully long delay on a promo that should be available instantly on activation with the registered email?

How can one know whether they got the promo correctly or not when there's no indication? I'm supposed to wait 2-3 months and then if I haven't seen it, I should raise an issue by messaging PM? That seems a little uncertain?

Where did you get the information about when the BF promo should show up? Is it written somewhere? I'm assuming that nobody could have gotten it yet if that information is correct If anyone did get it, or if they got some positive indication that they will get the promo, please let me know!

@IanM1   oh.. you are activating on the BF promo.. yes, you should still get the one month off as well.  I believe you will see the saving sometimes during your 2nd cycle, which the discount will be applied on the 3rd cycle

IanM1

The BF bonus had two separate parts. The requirement for at least a $35/month plan referred only to the 2 Gbytes part.

@IanM1 wrote:

Different promos.

The one is this thread was for one month free on new activations plus a 2 Gbyte data bonus on plans over $35.

@IanM1  You said you have activated for the $15, right?  Yes, you won't get the 2GB reoccurring one, you will just get the Christmas bonus 

IanM1

Different promos.

The one in this thread was for the Black Friday promo of one month free on new activations plus a 2 Gbyte data bonus on plans over $35.

The exact wording was:

"Get a month of free service when you enter your email
below until Dec 1. Plus, get 2GB of free monthly data
on any plan $35/mo+ using the promo code 2GBBONUS.

How to get the offer: Submit your email below and activate with the same one by Dec 17."

I did submit my email before Dec 1, got a response, and activated with the same email. I assumed from the period rather than a comma between the "free month" and the "2 Gbyte promo" that the promo code referred only to the latter.

@IanM1   for the Christmas bonus (one time 2GB and 500 min LD), No, there is nothing to do.  It should be added into your account within 72 hours

IanM1

I registered for this promo and got an email back before the end of November, waited for my SIMs to arrive in the mail, and activated them yesterday on $15 plan. There was no mention of any required promo code if not registering a plan qualifying for the 2 Gbyte  bonus - it just said to activate with the same email as registered for the promo to receive the bonus month. Is that correct? Should I have entered some promo code? There was none in the response email I received.

Raffles97
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, activated on Dec 3rd so I should wait and likely will appear in account sometime on 6th or 7th.  Nice to have confirmation.  Thank you.

>so far no acknowledgement that indeed the promo was accepted.

@Raffles97  you meant you already activated?  if so, it will take 72 hours to show up on your My Account

or you meant you submitted your email address???

Raffles97

Activated on December 3rd, don't know why I put Jan 3rd in, possibly since that is next payment date.

Raffles97

I received same email and had sims on the way so activated on Jan 2nd and enter 2BBONUS but so far no acknowledgement that indeed the promo was accepted. It was indicated that likely should wait a week or two for it to be processed but odd that no acknowledgement made?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NickleNDimeCdn wrote:

Thanks @Anonymous  

Interesting about the Koodo/Public connection - I thought it was only Tellus.  Doesn't really matter to me as long as I get reliable service at a fraction of what I was paying, lol.  I was just surprised to see Koodo in my bank acct.

You guys rock 😎

your welcome, @NickleNDimeCdn 

not to worry is normal for first activations processing sometime the system go to Koodo,

we see too new customer is the have samething,

but after that is will be going to public mobile,

enjoy it....

@NickleNDimeCdn      The payment showing as being made to Koodo is more of a recent thing and although it's all in the family for the Telus brand of companies, it has been confusing for new customers.   Perhaps something for PM to sort out to lessen the confusion.

NickleNDimeCdn

Thanks @Anonymous  

Interesting about the Koodo/Public connection - I thought it was only Tellus.  Doesn't really matter to me as long as I get reliable service at a fraction of what I was paying, lol.  I was just surprised to see Koodo in my bank acct.

You guys rock 😎

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NickleNDimeCdn 

glad to hear that....Good Luck,

not to worry is normal sometime the system go to Koodo...

NickleNDimeCdn

Ahhh... smart thinking @softech 

Thanks for the quick reply.

😊

@NickleNDimeCdn wrote:

Just wondering - the auto payments are showing up as KOODO in my bank account.  Is this normal for Public auto pay?

this is "normal" in the sense that yes, many members reported that.  

this is not "normal" to some members as they do not like that.. they think they are doing  business with PM and should only see PM on the CC  🙂

And... as a new customer I qualified for the 2GBBONUS promo.  I also qualify for the More is Merrier gifts automatically?  Does anyone know if I get $10 per referral PLUS $30... so $40 in total for the referrals I did today?  

Yes, you can double dip.. Lucky you

$30 Friend Referral.. do it slowly.. as the $30 bonus just one referral per account. 

So, activate one account first, use Account A Referral code for Account B, then use Account B referral code for Account C and so on

NickleNDimeCdn

Yay!  🎉

All 4 sim cards arrived at my door earlier this afternoon (in case anybody is interested).

My whole family is now enjoying the promo and MUCH better cell phone rates 😅

I am in Ontario, ordered my SIMS from Public site on Monday... so took 2 biz days to get my cards.  Not bad at all...

Just wondering - the auto payments are showing up as KOODO in my bank account.  Is this normal for Public auto pay?

And... as a new customer I qualified for the 2GBBONUS promo.  I also qualify for the More is Merrier gifts automatically?  Does anyone know if I get $10 per referral PLUS $30... so $40 in total for the referrals I did today?  

@NickleNDimeCdn 

I know but mentioning probably encouraged a few of them....sigh.

NickleNDimeCdn

@darlicious  I didn't take offence to any of your posts...

I said that people were directly PM'ing  me - i.e sending to my personal mailbox - their referral codes.  So I posted here to discourage anyone else from sending their referral codes to my personal inbox.

@NickleNDimeCdn 

Whoops sorry if that mention of the referral code in my post caused you some grief...some people!

NickleNDimeCdn

@IanM1  Hey, that's lightening quick 🔥  Nothing yet here, but maybe there's hope for tomorrow delivery.  Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be especially wrong for regular posters to do it. Some others just send them anyway. We do hear from some new folks that this happens.

The only option is to report them. I don't know what comes of it after. The company gets a customer anyway so what do they care.

IanM1

Regarding delivery, i ordered 2 SIM cards in BC yesterday, got a shipped confirmation last night, and a UPS tracking notice this morning that they are out for delivery sometime today.

@NickleNDimeCdn    When you open the private message there should be an option to report on the bottom left of that message for any unsolicited referral codes or spam.

NickleNDimeCdn

I was hoping my post would be a gentle way of discouraging anyone else from PM soliciting... But I hear ya!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NickleNDimeCdn : Report every one of them. They're violating the rules of the place.

NickleNDimeCdn

Uh - slightly off topic - 

To those PM-ing me their referral codes...  

I already have one from someone I know that I intend to use... 

Need Help? Let's chat.