cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflict

vagabond8400
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got a phone call saying there is a conflict with some number and I can confirm the numbers somewhere on the Publicmobile.ca website but I can not find it. Any idea where this would be?

14 REPLIES 14

vagabond8400

Thanks

@vagabond8400 wrote:

All is resolved - there was a problem in porting but it has been fixed and I am a happy camper.

@vagabond8400 Excellent!

So it was still porting and there was an issue during this.

Yes, it can take some time and sometimes there are hiccups to complete.

Glad this is fixed, and you are camping happily 😜

vagabond8400

All is resolved - there was a problem in porting but it has been fixed and I am a happy camper.

@vagabond8400 It is quite odd to get a phone call from PM so I suggest:

• login to your self serve account and change the password; while there click Change SIM (but don't change it) and confirm the number displayed has the same last 4 digits as your PM SIM: this is just be sure your account is still in your control
  • put the old carrier SIM into a phone and see if it works: your old service should not be cancelled until the transfer has completed
  • send a ticket/message to the moderators to assist with your number transfer

Provide us with some additional info:

• who was your old carrier?
  • what is make/model of your phone?
  • are you transferring  a cell, or landline/voip, number?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@vagabond8400 are you porting a number?  Thanks.  If you are, there may be a problem with the port. 

vagabond8400

Yes just activated. Yes ported a number. Phone seems to be working OK on Public Mobile but when I dial 611 it displays the prior company even tho Public Mobile answers. Think something went wrong in the porting.

vagabond8400

Thanks. Sent a private message to moderators.

vagabond8400

They said I should log in to publicmobile.ca and in the upper right corner there would be a place to confirm numbers. I just ported a number over to public mobile and I got a text saying someone else was getting my texts so I assume public screwed up the port somehow but sure can't figure out how to contact public mobile to find out what is going on.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@vagabond8400  Did you just activate your account? If yes, did you port in your number from another provider? Was the call made to the alternate number that you setup during activation?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@vagabond8400 ,

You received a phone call about this you said?

My first thought is, is this a spam call? What details did they say?

Can you log into your SELF SERVE and make sure everything is ACTIVE and looking normal.

If everything still seems okay on your SELF SERVE and there are no messages in your Community INBOX, I would not be too concerned.

But if you are still bothered by this, contact Moderators via private message using this link.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@vagabond8400 

A conflict? What do you mean by this. If you get called by someone that uses a public mobile number does not necissarily mean that a person from Public Mobile called you. Many spam calls now spoof numbers. These are difficult to track.

Hope you get this figured out. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@vagabond8400 wrote:

Got a phone call saying there is a conflict with some number and I can confirm the numbers somewhere on the Publicmobile.ca website but I can not find it. Any idea where this would be?

Sounds kinda bogus ...who called you ?

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vagabond8400 hello sounds like someone phishing for info what was it asking for? 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@vagabond8400 if you login to your self serve click the "plans and add-ons" tab it will show your plan and phone number 

contact customer support here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Need Help? Let's chat.