cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting incomplete - semi-ported number

Doreenbjorge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi folks,

New to Public Mobile and have had an issue.

The very last stage of activation, just after I hit submit on the last page, the system hung for a few minutes then an error was thrown up. Rather than trying to reactivate I waited for a while.

Good news is that my new sim works to receive texts and can make outgoing calls. However, the bad news is that it won't receive incoming calls (calls go straight to answering machine).

I am/was with Rogers and when I put my "old" Rogers Sim in another phone, and then call my ported number, the old sim mounted in an alternative phone will ring. So it appears that the porting didn't fully go through as I suspected.

I kept my Rogers account open as is normal practice and I still owe the remaining balance. However, I feel that the incomplete activation/porting led to being caught between two providers.

Can someone work their magic and help me out please?

I submitted a ticket (didn't see a field to input my exact issues).

Thanks so much in advance!

Doreen

11 REPLIES 11

@popping wrote:

I heard that Rogers had implemented a number port locked system.  Call Rogers to make sure that your number is not locked and ask what they need to port your number out.  Then, send your Rogers account info to moderator again.

- Rogers account number

- Name on your Rogers account

- Rogers number to be ported

- Any additional info you need to provide for the Rogers new porting procedure.

I can't speak to if Fido and Rogers brands are handling things differently, or if things have since changed, but I did have a Fido number ported over to Public in March. As long as the account number matched, the port would go through. Fido did send a text meesage warning just as Public does, but if the customer ignores that message, the port completes.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Doreenbjorge wrote:

Thanks, I was informed it would take two hours and it has been 24 but I can wait 🙂

I heard that Rogers had implemented a number port locked system.  Call Rogers to make sure that your number is not locked and ask what they need to port your number out.  Then, send your Rogers account info to moderator again.

- Rogers account number

- Name on your Rogers account

- Rogers number to be ported

- Any additional info you need to provide for the Rogers new porting procedure.

Doreenbjorge

Thanks, I was informed it would take two hours and it has been 24 but I can wait 🙂

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Doreenbjorge  That is normal behavior. You just need to be patient and let the port complete. Once your Roger sim stops working the port will be 100% complete.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Doreenbjorge 

It took about 30 minutes to port my Rogers numbers to PM round midnight ET.

If your had waited more than an hour, your should create a moderator support ticket to support your Rogers account info again.

FYI: Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

Doreenbjorge

Hi gblackma,

It was ported (or supposed to be) yesterday. I have heard from a moderator so I hope that she can help out.

Thanks for weighing in, much appreciated 🙂

Doreen

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Doreenbjorge how long has it been? It sounds like your port is in progresss. It can take up to 3 hours for a cell phone port to complete. Once it is,  your Rogers account will be automatically closed. Just use your Rogers SIM to receive texts and calls.  Once it stops, the port is done.. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@RossN wrote:

@Doreenbjorge it can take a few hours for port completion you can contact a moderator click on ? Bottom right corner ask Simon to speak to a human this will generate a ticket to contact a moderator mention porting issue   response time is 2 to 48 hours check envelope top right corner for response

@RossN She said she already submitted a ticket.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Doreenbjorge it can take a few hours for port completion you can contact a moderator click on ? Bottom right corner ask Simon to speak to a human this will generate a ticket to contact a moderator mention porting issue   response time is 2 to 48 hours check envelope top right corner for response

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

if you've submitted a ticket, then just wait for a response. make sure to check your inbox periodically for a message

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

If you have submitted a ticket already you have nailed it. Sounds like a stuck port. Welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.