cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirming autopay cancellation

jldm422
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Some of my family members recently took up publicmobiles promotion for Koodo's services; however, they can no longer log into their publicmobile account to check if they're still paying for their old plan. When they do try to log into their public mobile account they get the following:

Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

How can they confirm their cancellation with public mobile if they can no longer log into their account?

Additional info: They're already using Koodo's network, simcard and the phone number has been ported.

3 REPLIES 3

@imm1304 wrote:

Hi @jldm422,

I would like to echo what @KMG said above.  

Autopay is only a concern if there is a dormant account left behind after you migrated to Koodo.  In your case, it sounds like you ported out the Public Mobile number to Koodo.. which automatically closed/deativated your account permanently.  This is why you can't log in.  So I wouldn't worry about autopay.  

Out of an abundance of caution, I would ask the moderator team to double check the account.  They still have access to the account.  There have been reports of charges after account closure, not many but not zero unfortunately.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @jldm422,

I would like to echo what @KMG said above.  

Autopay is only a concern if there is a dormant account left behind after you migrated to Koodo.  In your case, it sounds like you ported out the Public Mobile number to Koodo.. which automatically closed/deativated your account permanently.  This is why you can't log in.  So I wouldn't worry about autopay.  

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Autopay should be disabled automatically when the account is closed following porting.

Keep an eye on your credit card statement to make sure there is no charge on the date that would have been your PM renewal date.

The only way to verify that autopay has been disabled would be to contact the Moderator Team: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.