cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards 101

arthurprotasio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm new to the Public Mobile community and would like to understand how the Community Rewards work in practice. I've tried looking up information, but the all the link for the Reward Rules (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules) shows is the Contributor Level chart.

To raise my Contributor Level all I need to do is be active in the community (asking and answering threads)? For some reason I thought there would be a section where we actively HELPED people with questions and/or issues.

In sum, how does the step-by-step process work?

Thanks! 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

@arthurprotasio...do you see the word "oracle" beside his handle ? That means he's smarter than a tree full of owls when it comes to Public Mobile stuff. His peers and PM have asked him to take a front line role in resolution of customer questions. He's been around PM long enough to know some of the common glitches, work-arounds to issues and day-to-day questions that pop up. If the Community Forum members and Oracles can't answer the question, then Simon and the Moderators take over for Account related issues.

You can eventually work into that roll yourself by becoming PM educated, assisting customer questions and being generally a helpful/respectful Forum contributor.

The pay isn't all that great though...someone said collecting discarded soda bottles beside the road would be a better pay day.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

@arthurprotasio wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@arthurprotasio wrote:

I'm new to the Public Mobile community and would like to understand how the Community Rewards work in practice. I've tried looking up information, but the all the link for the Reward Rules (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules) shows is the Contributor Level chart.

To raise my Contributor Level all I need to do is be active in the community (asking and answering threads)? For some reason I thought there would be a section where we actively HELPED people with questions and/or issues.

Thanks! 🙂

Answering threads in the community with well thought out and accurate information is actively helping people.  In all honesty if you are coming here to just earn the rewards you are here for the wrong reason.  You really just need to want to help people or you burn out and go away.  The rewards are just a bonus for helping people.  The time and energy required to make the higher levels of the rewards far outweigh the rewards received for the time put in.

Thanks, ShawnC13!

Your answer has clarified things. I'm not here exclusively for the rewards, but I always like to understand how the system works - and the links I checked before didn't answer my question.

What's great is that you did - and that goes to show the value of the community! 🙂

That is great to hear, any other questions just ask or even send a private message.  Be active in the community and you will see the regulars and the great support they give to the community.  You will also start to see people that will stand out and it is obvious they are just posting for a post count trying to earn rewards by repeating what has already been said 5 times or 1 or more hours after an answer is given.  Quantity is always better than quality.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

arthurprotasio

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@arthurprotasio wrote:

Thanks! 🙂

Answering threads in the community with well thought out and accurate information is actively helping people.  In all honesty if you are coming here to just earn the rewards you are here for the wrong reason.  You really just need to want to help people or you burn out and go away.  The rewards are just a bonus for helping people.  The time and energy required to make the higher levels of the rewards far outweigh the rewards received for the time put in.

Thanks, ShawnC13!

Your answer has clarified things. I'm not here exclusively for the rewards, but I always like to understand how the system works - and the links I checked before didn't answer my question.

What's great is that you did - and that goes to show the value of the community! 🙂

arthurprotasio

@Triguy wrote:

Here is a faqs about rewards.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/rewards-faqs

Provide informative answers and solutions to posted topics will increase your chances to receive bravos and accepted solutions.

Thanks, but the FAQ doesn't really answer my question.

I'm still wondering HOW I can earn Community Rewards. What are the required actions to raise my Contributor Level?

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You just answer the questions here and solve their problems with the information that you got.
Just as I am doing. You get promoted to higher and higher levels as you solve more Questions.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@arthurprotasio wrote:

Thanks! 🙂

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is a faqs about rewards.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/rewards-faqs

Provide informative answers and solutions to posted topics will increase your chances to receive bravos and accepted solutions.

Need Help? Let's chat.