cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Involvement When You Have Multiple Lines?

fktw2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone, I just ported my 2nd line to PM and signed up to this forum with the corresponding email.  I was just wondering what others do in the case when one has more than 1 line/account with PM.  Do you sign up to the community once per account or do you just stick with one account?  What's your experience with either scenario?  Cheers!

12 REPLIES 12

fktw2

@ckl wrote:

@daredogg "use one account today, the other tomorrow, and see what happens"

LOL. He could create a thread and have a complete discussion with himself! Even answer his own questions! Seems kind of odd to me.

Great idea!  I'll even give myself bravos and accept as solutions!! Nice!!!

If I catch you doing that @ckl, having a complete discussion in your own thread, I'll have some questions! haha

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@daredogg "use one account today, the other tomorrow, and see what happens"

LOL. He could create a thread and have a complete discussion with himself! Even answer his own questions! Seems kind of odd to me.

@twestacott in my household, it's only my wife and I, and I tend to handle the technology items, so it's just easier if I ask the questions if either of us have an issue. If each person in your household is responsible for their own phone, then I agree, I like that you set up 3 separate community accounts.

@fktw2 then maybe try it out... use one account today, the other tomorrow, and see what happens. I cracked the Top 5% in September (11 days), so I don't know that it's so difficult. You just need to be on here daily helping others. I think replying to others has more worth than getting bravos, but I don't think anyone knows exactly how the scoring works. Like I've said to a few people... GO FOR IT!

twestacott
My household has 3 lines with PM and we created 3 separate community forum accounts. This way each person has a separate account to ask for help if they have issues.

fktw2

@daredogg wrote:

I suppose if you wanted to set up another account to get more community awards, you could do that, but it just seems a little redundant! Robot LOL

@daredogg,I think it's probably to easier to get 2 x Top 25% than 1 x Top 5% (both equals to $4 savings/month), as per the 80/20 rule (i.e. 20% of members contribute 80% of posts...so it'd be harder to crack that top 5%).

I don't think you need to create separate accounts for community because if you have an issue, the moderators will ask for your phone number and the security PIN you set up for it. They don't respond to issues based on your email address here.

I have a second account for my wife's phone, but didn't bother setting her up on community. She's not interested in participating in the discussion forums.

I suppose if you wanted to set up another account to get more community awards, you could do that, but it just seems a little redundant! Robot LOL

Huntress
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@fktw2 wrote:

@Huntress, yep, I did use a different email to sign up (the one that I used for my second line).  I believe to PM, they're treated as entirely separate accounts.

Then maybe it would be best to just use two different logins so as to allow Mods to help you with each a little easier.. 🙂   It doesn't hurt right?

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I only have one line but I would think it's best to create separate accounts for each email address.

fktw2

@Huntress, yep, I did use a different email to sign up (the one that I used for my second line).  I believe to PM, they're treated as entirely separate accounts.

Huntress
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You know, that's a good question.  but I would have to think, did you use the same email for both? don't forget they are two separate lines, so would have two separate accounts right? So maybe I would open two separate ones so the Mods would be able to pull up your info for each.

That is only my speculation. Could be wrong, though. But wouldn't hurt anyways..

Need Help? Let's chat.