cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Forum Posts Disappearing

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Occasionally, when I post a reply to the forum, it disappears... is anybody else experiencing this glitch?

I know "HTML errors" can creep up from text/content pasted into a message, but other times it appears for a few minutes in the thread, but then disappears.  I'm curious if it's a SPAM filter, but then sometimes I'll repost the exact same thing and it's fine... and other times, it's not.

Hmmm.... 🙂

17 REPLIES 17

@BlueB 

And some threads don't need solutions.....I have a lot of those too. Discussions usually don't need solutions they can just foster community participation, be informative and are often a good way to be able to allow new members to reply without having to worry about if its the right or wrong answer. Because they are just sharing their thoughts, opinions or experiences there is no right or wrong answer.....and no solution either.

Not to say this thread shouldn't have a solution.....

@BlueB wrote:

I'm still digging around a bit more before closing this off... in the meantime - I haven't had the need to really post a "problem" yet, so question: Can more than one post be marked as a solution?

@BlueB 

A thread is limited to only one solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB wrote:

I'm still digging around a bit more before closing this off... in the meantime - I haven't had the need to really post a "problem" yet, so question: Can more than one post be marked as a solution?

No.

BlueB

BlueB

@softech - That's interesting, and yeah it seems some posts just disappear.  If something was flagged as "SPAM" for example, it'd be nice to know why so we can fix and/or avoid doing it again.  The surprises are not fun!  😞

@darlicious - You have had quite the adventure with posts.  It's a long list of things that seem to (and not) make sense.  It doesn't seem like it happens often, thankfully, but still annoying when it does.

@esjliv - I remember you having some issue with your inbox magically turning off too... how strange!  I know Public Mobile is proactively protecting the community, but sometimes.....! 😑

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BlueB , I was hit with this for weeks!

No matter how "safe" I would post.

I ended up submitting a ticket with the Moderators and I think they unspammed me or something, but it has not been happening since...a few months now.

thanks @darlicious  , just messaged David  🙂

@softech 

You should report it in this thread and alert @David_J . Originally I was getting it reported as a bad word by the spam filter with the www. part of the URL.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Community-Technical-Issues/td-p/21...

wellis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks @softech 

@BlueB  my posts just disappear now.  was replying a post about Apple issue with an external link. 

No matter how many times I tried, i tried to break the URL with space, into different lines with new reply post.. it keep trapping them in the Unmoderated bin   😞

.. and i don't like you can't delete items there..

I notice although sometimes, if you edit your post, you can repost it ..but 8 out of 10 times, it doesn't work.. 

If you think more posts gone missing.. maybe Mod was doing a clean up?  It happens  once in Feb as far as i remember.  They deleted all the posts with the porting team phone number on .. not sure if they are doing it again now.. maybe for other "keywords"

BlueB

This is very interesting... it seems only 2 messages got trapped as Unmoderated Items when this has definitely happened more.  It's not frequent, thankfully.

As for external links... one of my posts had an external links, but not the other.  Unless words like "P*blic M*bile" are considered as profanity.................... 😂

I'm going to poke around a little bit more to see if there's anything else that may help give more detail here.

yes.. there is no longer a link to go to this box.. we have to pass it on   

not sure why post dropped there.  do you have external links?  i notice it might be external linked

in fact.. weird fact, when you say "offending" words, your post won't go there.. the AI will just BLEEP your words away.. so, it's funny why those offending posts can still get through but clean post got "trapped"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB : darlicious can go on at length about this but yes it is a thing. Early in my time here there used to be a different crew of moderators. I think they were external contractors or something. And then Telus brought it in house. Anyway, one of them had some kind of method to turn something off in an account when asked. I did. Mary_M did. She's no longer here. That wisdom was not passed down. Alas.

Edit: I had understood it to be more about quick editing.

BlueB

Ooooh, look at that... thanks @softech! 😄

It would know why it gets rejected...?  Still though, I'm not sure why it would be rejected - content looks clean.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BlueB  .. this is the Lost&Found   🤣:

My Unmoderated Items - Community (publicmobile.ca)

for me.. those posts "dropped" here are those with external link .. not sure why

Many of my posts with external links are ok but some got "blocked" for some reason

Need Help? Let's chat.