Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed my account but still being charged $8.96

Lanz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lanz - yeah, if you just ported out and your account here was close to renewal maybe your Public account was in the renewal/payment process and you ported out too late to avoid payment.

Or, was this some time ago, and you are being charged? We are customers like you here and have no access to your account. So, if you know this account/phone number is now successfully with another provider, yet still being charged, submit a ticket to customer support to inquire.

CSA contact methods found here in Help Articles :https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent ­

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lanz 

When did you port over?  Did you respond to Public mobile port request text?  

Is your new account working properly?  Specifically, does incoming calls and texts work? If incoming texts and calls work, then your port was successful.  If not working properly, your port was not successful and your PM account is still active. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Lanz 

Once you port your number to another carrier. Your account will be closed and AutoPay will be cancelled.

It is best you contact a CS_Agent to investigate and refund the charge.

Lanz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I actually switched to a different provider in store and now don’t seem to have access to my account but I did have autopay before. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lanz , how did you close the account?  Was auto payment turned off?  Usually customers have the payment card removed as well.  

Need Help? Let's chat.