cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic payment data addon

sam91919
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi ,

i have a 25$ plan which includes 1Gb of data, i signed up for autopayment that gives an extra 1gb of data but whenever my data gets to 1gb, it's shut off. Where's the extra Gb? Was it fake?

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sam91919 wrote:

Hi ,

i have a 25$ plan which includes 1Gb of data, i signed up for autopayment that gives an extra 1gb of data but whenever my data gets to 1gb, it's shut off. Where's the extra Gb? Was it fake?

@sam91919 - do you have screenshots from your self serve/My Account of this extra 1GB?

Perhaps it was a 1 time addon, once used up it is gone. And not a extra 1GB on top of your plan 1GB (giving you 2GB each cycle). Or, a time limited promo (6 months, 12 months, other?), that is now over; in this case it would not show on your account any longer.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

The $25 plan is 1GB all-in now; in the past it was 500MB with a 500MB bonus if you were on auto pay (total 1GB).

If you had a bonus 1 GB it was some sort of other promo, likely temporary.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There were lots of promos last year for a bonus 2gb for a number of months. The last one ended early last September. Before that was early May for 12 months. And earlier. So it would appear maybe the promo is over for you.

So it would be good if you could find your welcome email to find exactly what promo you might have got.

Adding - for the date you got the welcome, not the details.

Adding more - 12 months February 11-14
8 months February 2-18
12 months March 11-25
12 months March 25-April 15
12 months April 4-29
6 months April 14-18
12 months April 22 - May 6
12 months August 25 - September 9

sam91919

a simple google search of "auto pay data bonus public mobile" brings up multiple hits ranging from 250mb ,500mb, 1024mb ...  So likely a "fine print thing", i was just curious coz i for sure know it was available at signup

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sam91919 there was never extra data at that time, if you are meaning throttled data, unless you had a promotion of some sort, and those only last a limited time, and I've never seen one on the $25 plan.

@sam91919 wrote:

Sorry, but autopay/preauthorized paymentrs has never given anyone an extra 1GB of data for any plan.  The $25 plan includes a total of 1GB of data.

sam91919

About 16 months ago i signed up

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I think that may be a misunderstanding. How long ago did you sign up? I'm not sure there was ever a bonus 1gb offer. Maybe on a higher plan.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The throttled data after your cap only applies to 5G plans, the 80/65$ plans respectively.

Need Help? Let's chat.