cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no sim card error

paperandpresent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I subscribed a public mobile plan for a new account. I ported the number from 7-11 speakout. However, there is a No sim card issue after I inserted the public mobile sim. since I cannot use that number any more, I even cannot log in because that number does not work. 

Looking forward to your help! 

5 REPLIES 5

@paperandpresent wrote:

Thank you for your quick response. The issue is that since there is no sim, I cannot use that phone number, but to submit a ticket, I have to use that phone number to receive the code to log in. So I cannot report the issue. Can i set up another account to submit a ticket for a different account? Thank you for your help 

@paperandpresent - if you can verify the account with a customer support agent you may not need to set up another account. Unless, it is linked to a different number already. Then customer support may ask to created one. See what they say. But, firstly do they see the account needs to be reset so the SIM can work?

Have you tried the SIM card into another phone to see if services work, by the way?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@paperandpresent 

It sounds like a provisional issue with your SIM.

If you can post on this Community, you can contact a CS_Agent by private messaging on your computer with the envelope icon or click on your avatar>messages.

@paperandpresent  You should be able to submit ticket with this link to support 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<

paperandpresent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your quick response. The issue is that since there is no sim, I cannot use that phone number, but to submit a ticket, I have to use that phone number to receive the code to log in. So I cannot report the issue. Can i set up another account to submit a ticket for a different account? Thank you for your help 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@paperandpresent - can you remove your SIM card, then gently reinsert it? Do you have another phone you can test the SIM card into to see if any services work?

See info. about Speakout here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-also-t...

If still no services, after checking in another phone contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Normally Faster  use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

CSA contact methods also found here in Help Articles for future reference:https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent ­

Need Help? Let's chat.