cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for phone bill after cancellation of service

PriscillaLo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have  cancelled my account  but I just saw a new charge on my card today. How do I get refund?

Thanks, 

Priscilla

4 REPLIES 4

@PriscillaLo wrote:

I have  cancelled my account  but I just saw a new charge on my card today. How do I get refund?

Unless you did port your phone number out, there isn't any way to cancel your service other than to stop paying. If you didn't port the number out and left autopay enabled, you have until the remainder of the billing cycle to continue using the service, but be sure the delete the credit from your account now.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PriscillaLo wrote:

Thanks, 

Priscilla

Did you cancel your account by porting out?

If yes, when?

When was your last renewal date?

If you port out your number after your last renewal date, there is no refund of unused days after ported out your number as PM is a prepaid service.  All prepaid services in Canada do not provide refund of unused days of your billing cycle.

You cannot login to your self-serve account to remove your autopay cc info.  You create a support ticket to ask moderator to remove your cc info from your old account.

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@PriscillaLo wrote:

Thanks, 

Priscilla

@PriscillaLo how did you cancel your account?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@PriscillaLo wrote:

Thanks, 

Priscilla

Did you remove autopay? Your account will be closed 90 days after the renewal date or closed as soon as your number is ported out.

If you did remove autopay and you are still being charged contact a moderator.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.