cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged by public mobile when activating Koodo sim card

Question1984
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not a public mobile customer (I used to be but closed my account a few months ago). Last week, I activated a Koodo prepaid SIM card. There were some issues with activation and I had to try a few times. I recently saw that on my credit card statement there are 3 charges for 17.25 (the cost of the plan I was activating), 2 of these charges are from public mobile. Koodo has not been helpful. The credit card I used is completely different from the one I used on my past public account. How can I get these charges reversed?

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Question1984  - my guess, is, this is a backend issue with a combination of Koodo and Public Mobile systems.

Strange, it is usually the other way around here in Public Mobile.

I would be determined with the Koodo customer service team on this one. If they are the only ones that have these card details, they should be the ones that can determine why it is stating Public Mobile.

If there are Authorized charges on your credit card (not pending) then I recommend you be persistent with Koodo support people. Ask for a supervisor if not getting answers.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Question1984 

Do you see the extra funds charged to your card in your available funds of your koodo account? This is likely the reverse problem that public mobile customers were having earlier this year. While the credit card charges show public mobile as the merchant the funds have gone to koodo. This is a koodo problem not a public mobile problem. Its too bad koodo's cutomer service is so poor....but you will have to contact them yet again to get the problem resolved and a refund issued to your credit card.

Edit:

Do not do a chargeback as this will cause a whole host of new problems for you. Escalate the issue if the koodo agent doesn't understand how to deal with the problem.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Question1984 since your account is closed here you can send private message to a customer service rep   here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Question1984 

Strange that PM charge you twice…it is normally the reverse. PM members are charged by Koodo. Good thing Telus, Koodo and PM are under the same carrier.
Contact a CS_Agent via private messaging (envelope icon)  on top of the page or create a ticket via SIMon Chatbot bottom of page and request for a refund.

Need Help? Let's chat.