cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing providers

khadijaahsan05
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just changed my provider and they say that they can’t transfer my Public mobile number because it does not exist. I need Public mobile to kindly fix this issue. 

18 REPLIES 18

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@khadijaahsan05 

We are sorry to see you go as well. Enjoy your new service.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

khadijaahsan05

Sad to leave after communicating with the community! 
Public mobile did not have a plan that would suit me so I had to make the hard decision of changing providers. Otherwise, I enjoyed the service of Public mobile. Thanks.

@khadijaahsan05 wrote:

I thought the “community” would not help me but turns out that you guys were there for me. Thanks. 

@khadijaahsan05   glad it is sorted out.  Yes, PM does have a great Community and we all try our best to help  🙂

But  sad to see you go ...

This thread is a great example of what sets this place ahead of the others.

Excellent result and follow through @khadijaahsan05 

Kudos to all the users who helped you get there!

khadijaahsan05

Thank you everyone who helped me! 

I sent a ticket and PM agnet said that my line is active and that they don't see any issue in porting out the number to the new service provider.

Turns out that the agent of the other service provider messed up. (They thought my service provider was Bell even though I was loud and clear that it is PM.)

To the people, transferring their numbers, I recommend that you do not remove your old sim card for a number of hours until you receive a text. If you don’t then I recommend contacting your new service provider and send a ticket to PM. 

I thought the “community” would not help me but turns out that you guys were there for me. Thanks. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@khadijaahsan05 

How many days left do you have on your current 30 days of service? Maybe you would like to try out your new provider for a couple of weeks before you port your number in just in case you find you don't like their service or coverage. There have been customers who regretted their decision and lost all of their accumulated rewards and loyalty and had activate with the new points system which is not nearly as rewarding as the rewards system you are currently on. You could use a temporary number with the new provider and call forward your pm number to your temporary number in the meantime. Something to consider....

Otherwise contact your new providers porting department to reinitiate your port request and put your pm sim card back in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

• To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@khadijaahsan05 wrote:

What do I say to the chatbot? 

Try chatbot to create a ticket. If it does not work very first time, contact agent directly: Send a private message to the CSA-agent by clicking https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

PLEASE report back here if you were able to actually create a ticket as ticketing did not work properly for a while. So just we know how to advise other how to ask for assistance from PM.

@khadijaahsan05 no need to type anything  use this direct link to open porting out related ticket:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

khadijaahsan05

What do I say to the chatbot? 

@khadijaahsan05   If you PM account is still active, then put your PM SIM in your phone as you need to receive the text to authorize the transfer request.  You'll need to contact customer support to resend the text if it was missed first time by clicking the chatbot bubble bottom right of screen.

@khadijaahsan05 wrote:

Does it have anything to do with the sim card? 
I changed my sim 30 minutes after I received it from my other service provider. 

Yes it does.  The Public Mobile SIM needs to be in the phone to receive the port confirmation.  

khadijaahsan05

Does it have anything to do with the sim card? 
I changed my sim 30 minutes after I received it from my other service provider. 

khadijaahsan05

So I have been with Public mobile since 2019 (my first ever service provider). Just yesterday I changed my service provider and asked them if I can use the same number that I have with Public mobile. They said that their system says that the number does not exist and that I need to contact Public mobile. 

khadijaahsan05

I never received a text that said that. I was informed that I will be receiving a text such as this but I never got it. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@khadijaahsan05 , is the account with the Public Mobile phone number that you wish to transfer active?  If it is not you will need to top up the account and ensure that it is active.  Also you need to acknowledge the number transfer on the Public Mobile end.  Here is a useful article covering the number transfer process.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@khadijaahsan05    Is your PM account still active? 

You need an active account to transfer out/in your number.  You should also have responded with a YES to the text you would have received within 90 mins to authorize the transfer.  Did you respond to the text?

Need Help? Let's chat.