cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan from 25$ to 15$

amitbhagat
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What will be the impact on rewards, add-ons and other benefits received through boxing week deal. Will they remain as it is? 

53 REPLIES 53

@amitbhagat

Congratulations! Thank you for your service to the community. You took a great risk and have been duly rewarded by no loss of your promotions. 

@amitbhagat wrote:

@HALIMACS

Successfully changed the plan, no loss of any addons.. 😊

Account balances are as expected 

That's good to hear, @amitbhagat 

Thanks for advising.

amitbhagat

@HALIMACS

Successfully changed the plan, no loss of any addons.. 😊

amitbhagat

@darlicious 

Successfully changed the plan, no loss of any addons.. 😊

amitbhagat

Thank a lot @darlicious.. You response is really helpful!!! 

@amitbhagat 

There are two ways to contact the moderators:

1. PM preferred method ( faster?): Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen to submit a support ticket via simon. Type in your "issue" followed by "human" or "rep" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.
  2. Private message ( my preferred method and apparently slower): Type in the send bar: "Moderator_Team" followed by your "issue" in the subject line. Leave a detailed message of your issue and make sure you include the following : Full name and address on account, email, phone # and pin#.

For both methods you must keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderator. Wait times are normally 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent issues.

However the moderators are currently back logged with minimum 48 hour + wait times. If you do not have an urgent issue it is recommended you contact them when they have caught up on the backlog.

Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

amitbhagat

May be.. I'm not sure how to get connected.

Can check if possible 

@amitbhagat 

Do you need a moderator?

amitbhagat

Thanks @darlicious 

amitbhagat

Hahaha😀

Do you know anyway, how to we get help from Public mobile? 

@amitbhagat 

I hope luck is on your side....fingers crossed, touching wood with a rabbit's foot.

amitbhagat

Yea.. @darlicious 

@AE_Collector 

I only gamble what I can afford to lose.....and you gave great advice to the last gambler...... to enjoy some of the data before renewal so it isn't a total loss and it worked in their favour.

@HALIMACS @AE_Collector 

Great minds think alike......well?.... @amitbhagat ......do yeah?

amitbhagat

Thanks true @AE_Collector, thanks 

amitbhagat

Thanks @HALIMACS 

amitbhagat

Thanks @darlicious 

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

Have a read above.....

I really hope @amitbhagat fills us all in as to the result should they make the change.

A certain classic Eastwood scene comes to mind, @darlicious   

HALIMACS_1-1612118137144.jpeg

I agree with @darlicious here. The statement that New Customer promo data add-ons will be lost with any plan change, not just a plan downgrade has been here for a long time now. It NEVER made any sense to me that you would take away a gift when someone UPGRADED their plan as opposed to downgrading but that is what Alan_K said the coding would do. 

This questing has been asked a LOT but very few people report back afterwards if they try making a plan change. However I definitely recall at least one person saying the data add-on WAS lost and at least one other reporting it didn't seem to be taken away. Of course the coding for one offer may be a bit different than the next one. And an add-on might not instantly be removed, there could be a lag and it disappears a period of time in the future after someone says it was left in place.

So it is a gamble and your need for the add-on balanced against the need for lower priced monthly plan has to figure in to your decision.

AE_Collector

@HALIMACS 

Have a read above.....

@amitbhagat wrote:

Are you sure for this @HALIMACS, any experience in knowledge? 

In all honesty, @amitbhagat , no I DO NOT have first hand knowledge/experience.

I'm basing my responses on interpretation of various posts by PM staff on Announcements pages vs those by more experienced users than I, such as @NDesai  & @darlicious 

I'd be inclined to say take the safe route - Private Message PM Moderators and ask that specific question.  This way their response to you is on the record.

@amitbhagat 

Have a read thru this thread. This is the last time I can recall this being tried..... think it will help you make the decision that is right for you......

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/does-changing-plans-delete-promo-d...

Edit: Make sure you read thru the entire thread the OP's solution does not necessarily apply.

@amitbhagat 

Its been a long time since this has been tried. Probably around this time a year ago but I applaud your daring sense of adventure and willingness to be the comminity's guinea pig if you so choose to risk it all!

amitbhagat

Are you sure for this @HALIMACS, any experience in knowledge? 

amitbhagat

I would update on my next actions @darlicious 

amitbhagat

Yup 

@NDesai 

Hmmmm....you must not remember Alan_K post December 4th 2019 stating that the coding had been changed to remove promotional data add ons when the rate plan is changed. It is still YMMV but I do remember one member downgraded from the $35 plan and kept the promotional data  while another member with the exact same promo upgraded from the $35 plan and lost the promotional data. Yet another got moderator approval to downgrade and keep the data...lost it but the moderator added it back in the account.

I would give it a 50/50 chance of success but still warn be prepared to accept that you will lose it. There won't be buyer's remorse only acceptance or much happiness and good luck!

Hmmm... @NDesai ,   that would be good.

I wonder if the 'warning' about switching plans is moreso meant to mean if one switches down to the $15 plan (which WASN'T eligible for getting the 5GB) BEFORE the 5 GB is physically added to the account by Public Mobile, then maybe the 5 GB will not add?

I would be inclined to agree that IF it's been added, there is no mechanism to 'take it back'.

@HALIMACS wrote:
  • 5 GB Data - may or may not stay (this one's still up in the air...do you feel lucky?)

I think it will stay since its already added. I doubt their systems are set up in such a way to remove add-ons upon plan change. Upcoming credit/data i can see it stopping. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@amitbhagat wrote:

What will be the impact on rewards, add-ons and other benefits received through boxing week deal. Will they remain as it is? 

Holiday Promo (referred to as More the Merrier)

• 500 International Minutes - will stay
  • 2 GB Data - will stay

Activation Promo (Started out as Boxing Day deal, became New Year deal)

• 2nd month free - will stay (wait until $25+ credit is added to acct)
  • 5 GB Data - may or may not stay (this one's still up in the air...do you feel lucky?) [EDIT:  wait until the 5 GB is added to account BEFORE switching down]  

Need Help? Let's chat.