cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing phone a number

Maryamj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I change the phone number that I've got service for . for example me and my daughter are both  customer of public mobile. But my account has more points because I am older in public mobile if I don't wish to be with public mobile Anymore . Can I give my account to my daughter instead of the cancel of my account. That means I want to be all the service and my point for my daughter number. How can I do it?

6 REPLIES 6

HI @Maryamj 

The Transfer Phone number option is to transfer number from another carrier into PM, not within PM

You can of course try and it will show an error

or if you want to get a formal answer from PM agent,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437     

Maryamj

But there is a option in the account under  the profile called transfer number what does that for?

HI @Maryamj 

as explained above, you cannot swap numbers between account

If you like the number so much, just take the sim card from your daughter and use it on your phone.  You can also login to that account and change the name

(of course, in the end, the rewards on each account would stay where they are)

Maryamj

The question is, I would like to take my daughters number. she wants Change her number and her number is really good so I would like to take her number and transfer it into my account instead of my number. I don't want to use my number anymore? Can I do that? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Maryamj 

sorry, points and funds are not transferrable.  You cannot transfer your fund to your daughter.  

You cannot swap numbers between 2 accounts too

Need Help? Let's chat.