cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing iPhone 6 to Google pixe

Catbear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi community, 

I have to change my current iphone 6 because I can’t use the photos and sms…public mobile will not support it.  I was thinking of switching to a Google pixel 8 an android phone.  How easy is it to switch to another phone from iOS to android.? Who do I contact to do the switch? 

7 REPLIES 7

@Phil_Adelphus good to know - thanks. I wasn't aware an update happened.

@DennyCrane   The iPhone 6 is not supported by the recent Telus change in MMS, the oldest is iPhone 8 on ios 16 and newer.  So if the problem is MMS, which it sounds like, then a new phone would be the only option if @Catbear needs MMS due to contacts having Android phones.  I think that's probably what @Catbear meant since SMS would still work and not be affected by the change to MMS

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

MMS should work on your iPhone 6. It's probably an APN settings that need to be fixed.

That said, that's a very old phone that cannot use VoLTE, so it's probably a good time to upgrade if you have that option. Pixel 8 is a great phone.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Catbear  iphone 6 because I can’t use the photos and sms…public mobile will not support i

I thought there were people on here who use iPhone 6, what info did you get that PM doesn't support pictures and SMS, or do you mean MMS?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Catbear 

It will be a short learning curve. Androids are more customizable than iPhones.

I have both...iPhone 14 Pro Max and the Samsung S24...love both. My everyday user is the iPhone 14 PM because iPhones was my company phone and is familiar with all the functions. Before the iPhone, it was the Blackberry.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Catbear 

Welcome to the Android World!!

shouldn't be hard, just follow the steps

https://store.google.com/intl/en_uk/ideas/articles/imessage-on-pixel/#:~:text=Switching%20to%20Pixel....

Need Help? Let's chat.