cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a phone # to a specific area code

Chris1997
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I want to change my number to match the area code woof where I have lived for a few years.  When I tried it would have me pick from x3 (249) numbers. Is there any way to request a number? 

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Chris1997 

You can only change your area code to the numbers that are offered. Unfortunately you can’t change just the area code with the same last 7 digits.

Therefore, you will be stuck with the old area code and pay the extra taxes or change your number entirely.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Chris1997 

Are you just looking for a new number with a specific area code? Try scrolling through the selections (three at a time) to see if the area code you want appears. If not you may need to change the "city/area" you are selecting.

Not all "city/area's" are the same as far as local calling is concerned which may affect people trying to call you (depending on their calling plan). If you tell us the area code you prefer we can help make suggestions as to what "city/area" to try in order to find the area code you want.

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm quite sure you cannot ask for specific numbers, it's more or less like a lottery as to which available numbers come up and you can accept one of them or keep trying your luck

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Chris1997 

sorry, support agent won't help you to pick a specific number you want, you need to go to the change phone number page on My Account and keep refresh for new set of number until you see the one you want

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Chris1997 

Sadly you can't pick and choose phone numbers with PM. The only way is to port another number from another service. HOWEVER, if you were to download something like say... Fongo or TextNow...  play with both apps till you find a number you like with the area code you like, you could port that number over and it would replace the one you have now. The only thing however, you may be required under the Terms of Service to live in the same City as the area code is listed for. Although, I am thinking the only "rule" they have is for Quebec plans only. 

Any Oracles have thoughts?

Need Help? Let's chat.