cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to APN setting help

KingAlfredo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a email to change my APN by February 14th to keep receiving MMS messages. But I can't find on here how to change it. 

11 REPLIES 11

mbucky321
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just wanted to add that you also need to set  make sure that you have default,supl,mms,hipri,fota in the APN type field.  

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D

Save APN settings, exit, turn airplane mode on and then off.  It should work 

Zula

I have a OnePlus 11 5G that I've had since late November 2023. Last time MMS messages worked was this past Saturday. Updated the APN settings, photos still won't download. Only resolution from Public Mobile CS is to get a different phone (?!?)...brutal. Guess I'm on the hunt for a new mobile provider again.

Clarence62

No, there are no options to add or edit any APN settings

HI @Clarence62 

Instead of update, can you Add new APN?

Clarence62

I can't seem to change the settings on an iPhone 7S or an Ulefone Armor 6. Hmmmm?

Dre64

Same issue here with a Oneplus 10T. Switched back to the old APN setting. Will wait until Feb14th to switch.

HI @Mister_E 

yes, same

only thing if your APN does not have the MMS Port filed, then put the port 8799 together with the proxy address as :  mmscproxy.mobility.ca:8799

Mister_E

Some phones don't list a MMSC Proxy field but have a MMS Proxy (no "C”) field instead in their APN settings.

Can anyone confirm that they're interchangeable?

KingAlfredo

Disregard it's working now. Mmsc proxy is called MMS proxy 

KingAlfredo

I'm using a 1plus 9. I changed those over in my settings but photos still aren't coming through. They just fail to download. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @KingAlfredo 

what phone are you using?  i think some older phones are pointing to the old servers.  Check your APN and make the proper update

Previous settings:

New Settings:

Need Help? Let's chat.