cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes: UNLIMITED Talk Province-wide / UNLIMITED International Text Plan

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have anyone noticed that former UNLIMITED Talk Province-wide / UNLIMITED International Text $27 plan that had $2 Autopay discount, now become $25 dollars flat? No Autopay is need it? Is that for real or it just a typo?

28 REPLIES 28

@srlawren wrote:
EDIT:  * other than the 250MB "3G" data.  That one has always been an "oddball" offering that doesn't conform to the normal pricing rules.

I remember the 250MB at 3G speed option being a legacy from the era of now-discontinued 10-day Plans.  It hasn't really evolved alongside all the other Data options, but I suppose it hasn't gone extinct just because it's popular.  It doesn't have a 750MB equivalent for 90-day plans and it doesn't seem to fully conform to the usual "hidden" 2-item/3-item bundle discounts.

Acekiller

other than the users who are active on here, there is no way for them to know!

GreatCanadian

@srlawren, Everyone I get to sign up gets me another $1 per 30 days discount!! Please don't get rid of the 90 day plans because they're saving me money!!  🙂

GreatCanadian

@srlawren, yep I know I would be grandfathered in. But only a few minutes ago I had another friend sign up with PM. And that was the main reason he chose PM. The data flexibility of the 90 day plan. I don's see where the confusion lies. I can understand users wondering if the data is split 30/30/30. But once that's answered with a quick "No", I think it's pretty straightforward. I would hate to lose 90 day plans.

GC

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GreatCanadian don't panic!--if PM were to do as @computergeek541 suggested, your plan would be grandfathered indefinitely.  It would just be that new subscribers or anyone looking to change plans would not be able to choose a 90 day plan (and if you ever moved to a different plan, you would not be able to get back to a 90 day plan, since you can only ever choose from an in-market plan at the time).

As to whether or not I think it's a good idea....  I'm torn.  On the one hand it was one of the things I loved about PM, but it does lead to a lot of confusion.    

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GreatCanadian

@computergeek541,

You stated, " Perhaps, it's just time to get rid of the 90 day plans...."

I certainly hope they don't. Spreading my 12 GB data out over 90 days is much more preferable than having 4 GB for 30 days. When we go to the cabin, we have no wifi. We like to chew up a good chunk of data while there. If I go there half way through my first 30 day cycle, I'll have about 2 GB to use for my week at the cabin. On a 90 day plan, I don't have to worry about running out of data. 90 day plans may not be for you, but let me assure you, many people enjoy the flexibility of a 90 day plan. 

GC

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just stumbled on this today, had to manually change mine to get the canada wide calling. I bet more people are not aware about this.

LEGO

Thank you for clarifying this Luddite!

Everybody on 3G data plans with provincial calling is grandfathered until they make the change themselves. Not the first time for this quirk. Robot wink

No other procedure exists

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

LEGO

@srlawren I did not failed to see your answer and I went and tried different plan combinations. Even they are exist, it does not mean that we are discussing them here!

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

For the 3g-speed plans, I wonder if Public Mobile was able to disable to activation of plans that only include province-wide talk.  When province-wide and Canada-wide are the same price, there really isn't any reason to have province-wide option available.  I can see that causing problems  with customers choosing the wrong plan by mistake, as well as it making things unecessarily over-complicated (more options than there needs to be). 

There's been a bunch of discussion about how Public Mobile wants to advertise the 90 day plans.  When I compared current 30 day and 90 day pricing, I see very little incentive to go for the longer term.  I'm seeing differences of about $2 per 30 days when the value of 30 day vs. 90 day terms are compared.  Perhaps, it's just time to get rid of the 90 day plans (and just allow customers already on them to keep them)?

@computergeek541 I can virtually guarantee we will see posts in the community saying "I just activated and didn't know that Canada-wide talk was the same price, and now I'm trying to change it but it wants all the money again even though I'm 2 days into my plan.  What's going on here??".  

Surely, it will happen.  I will say that part of that would be on the customer, but at the same time, I do believe Public should be somehow blocking the provincial option and mark it as an invalid plan.  I can't really see a moderator refusing to switch the customer over to the Canada-wide option, but I see this almost predictable situation to be preventable.

srlawren

@computergeek541 wrote:

For the 3g-speed plans, I wonder if Public Mobile was able to disable to activation of plans that only include province-wide talk.  When province-wide and Canada-wide are the same price, there really isn't any reason to have province-wide option available.  I can see that causing problems  with customers choosing the wrong plan by mistake, as well as it making things unecessarily over-complicated (more options than there needs to be). 

There's been a bunch of discussion about how Public Mobile wants to advertise the 90 day plans.  When I compared current 30 day and 90 day pricing, I see very little incentive to go for the longer term.  I'm seeing differences of about $2 per 30 days when the value of 30 day vs. 90 day terms are compared.  Perhaps, it's just time to get rid of the 90 day plans (and just allow customers already on them to keep them)?

@computergeek541 I can virtually guarantee we will see posts in the community saying "I just activated and didn't know that Canada-wide talk was the same price, and now I'm trying to change it but it wants all the money again even though I'm 2 days into my plan.  What's going on here??".  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@LEGO that's fine, don't get data, I could care less.  You've failed to see that I answered your specific question about province-wide and canada-wide talk options being the same price in some circumstances.  That they happen to not apply to you does not mean they don't exist.  

There's been a bunch of discussion about how Public Mobile wants to advertise the 90 day plans.  When I compared current 30 day and 90 day pricing, I see very little incentive to go for the longer term.  I'm seeing differences of about $2 per 30 days (some of the LTE plans) when the value of 30 day vs. 90 day terms are compared.  I beleive that I even saw there was now $0 in price advantage to take a 3g 90 day plan.   Perhaps, it's just time to get rid of the 90 day plans (and just allow customers already on them to keep them)?

LEGO

Thank you all who trying to explain pricing for me, but all of you, except Jorno, keep failing to see that original post mentioned plan that does not have data.

I have no data and I don't want it!

srlawren

@LEGO wrote:

Where does it say that you will get Canada wide calling at the same price??? It say: Unlimited Talk Province-wide.

@LEGO try this... go to the Build Your Own Plan tool.  Select a 30 day plan.  Select province-wide talk.  Select international texting.  Select any* amount of "3G" speed data.  Note the total 30 day price.  Now, change the talk option to canada-wide.  Note the 30 day price.  It's now the same as of today.  Try it with other amounts of 3G speed data.  You will notice the same thing.

EDIT:  * other than the 250MB "3G" data.  That one has always been an "oddball" offering that doesn't conform to the normal pricing rules.  It seems it's no exception for this point.

LEGO

@Luddite wrote: 
One must manually change to the new plan to get Canada wide calling at the same price. Only applies to plans with 3G data. Remember, there are no refunds of prepaid fees, so don't change now, do it at next renewal. 

Where does it say that you will get Canada wide calling at the same price??? It say: Unlimited Talk Province-wide.

@Luddite wrote:
@LEGO wrote:

Before, 90-day plan was cheaper then 30-day! When PM lowered cost of 30-day plan, cost of 90-day plan remains the same, so there is no incentives to stay with 90-day plan now.

Some people prefer managing a larger data block over 90 days, rather than 1/3 every 30 days.

Let me clarify this, my original post mentioned plan that does not have data.

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

@LEGO wrote:

Before, 90-day plan was cheaper then 30-day! When PM lowered cost of 30-day plan, cost of 90-day plan remains the same, so there is no incentives to stay with 90-day plan now.

Some people prefer managing a larger data block over 90 days, rather than 1/3 every 30 days.

True; however, the plan in this discussion does not include data - it is talk and text only 🙂

@LEGO wrote:

LEGO

Jorno

@will13am wrote:

It was clearly mentioned in the plan update post today that 3G plan pricing has become more competitive, aka price reduction.  So, this should come as no surprise. 

As @LEGO is asking about a plan that does not include data, it is fair to ask about the price change and be pleasantly surprised.

It's the old 6GB/90 days to 12GB/90 days all over again!  Same price, more data!  YAY!!!

Glad I future-dated that one back in 2016.

@will13am wrote:

It was clearly mentioned in the plan update post today that 3G plan pricing has become more competitive, aka price reduction.  So, this should come as no surprise.  I suppose everyone on the 3G plans will need to review what they are paying now vs current pricing.  I am not totally sure but with the grandfathering effect, I would assume that if a plan change is not entered in the system, the price savings would not be automatic for existing customers.  Of course the rewards continue to be earned as before and they go toward reducing the balance owing. 

Correct. One must manually change to the new plan to get Canada wide calling at the same price. Only applies to plans with 3G data. Remember, there are no refunds of prepaid fees, so don't change now, do it at next renewal. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It was clearly mentioned in the plan update post today that 3G plan pricing has become more competitive, aka price reduction.  So, this should come as no surprise.  I suppose everyone on the 3G plans will need to review what they are paying now vs current pricing.  I am not totally sure but with the grandfathering effect, I would assume that if a plan change is not entered in the system, the price savings would not be automatic for existing customers.  Of course the rewards continue to be earned as before and they go toward reducing the balance owing. 

@LEGO wrote:

Luddite Does $2 Autopay discount reward still apply to this plan or not?

Just because you tagged me. Jorno is correct, all Rewards apply.

Someone has already discovered it will be free with his Rewards. If you downgrade, just be sure to make it active on your next renewal - remember no refunds of prepaid amounts.

Jorno

@LEGO wrote:

@Luddite Does $2 Autopay discount reward still apply to this plan or not?

The plan meets the criteria for AutoPay Rewards (listed here) so yes*, autopay rewards still apply to this new pricing.

*unofficially, of course, as I don't have "PM" at the end of my name 🙂

Update: I can confirm that the $2 AutoPay Reward does still apply to this plan.

Screenshot-2018-4-24 Public Mobile - autopay-confirmation.png

@LEGO, I hope the above is an acceptable solution to your question Smiley Wink

LEGO

@Luddite Does $2 Autopay discount reward still apply to this plan or not?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

It's real; most 3G prices reduced. Robot Very Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.