cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan from 3g to 4g but still not on 4g

gimonastero
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there!

Hope all is well. I recently changed my plan from 10GB 3G to 20GB 4G but have yet to have my phone connected at 4G. Currently it's as LTE and the only other option under my data settings is 3G. I changed before renewal and my renewal was on the 9th of September.

I had searched the community for answers but all I found is that you had to wait 48 hours for the plan to kick in. However, it's past 48 hours and I've rebooted my phone (also advised by the community) multiple times with no success.

Would you be able to help me on this issue?

Thanks so much

Giovanna

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @Alexandf,  please read the whole thread before asking.  Check OP screenshot and that will help you understand 

And please also read my other post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Alexandf-STOPP-Spamming/td-p/873754

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 @gimonastero 

if you have plan 4G and your phone showing 3G so why?

Moved:

alexandf: There was no question about phone calls nor is there anything for a CSA to fix

gimonastero

thank you. i was just veery confused as it doesnt show 4g lte and just 3g option aside from just lte.

Understood and appreciated 🙂

@Alexandf wrote:

@gimonastero 

yes it's support and can you try for reset network setting.

There's nothing to reset. The customer is getting 4g LTE speeds as advertised.

Alexandf

@gimonastero 

yes it's support and can you try for reset network setting.

gimonastero

@Alexandf  yes! I have an iphone 12 mini 🙂

@Alexandf wrote:

@gimonastero 

your device is support 4G? 

if yes support 4G,  send private message PM support  CS_Agent at: to check your account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(envelope icon on the top right) CS_Agent will reply you there.

The customer has shown a picture of the phone connected to an LTE network. It has also already been established that the speed has increased. There's no reason to contact a CSA.

Alexandf

@gimonastero 

your device is support 4G? 

if yes support 4G,  send private message PM support  CS_Agent at: to check your account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(envelope icon on the top right) CS_Agent will reply you there.

@gimonastero wrote:

@computergeek541 @hTideGnow 

I see. Also because it only shows LTE and not 4G LTE, just wanted to clarify! 

They're essentially the same thing.

gimonastero

@computergeek541 @hTideGnow 

I see. Also because it only shows LTE and not 4G LTE, just wanted to clarify! (its just for the screenshot I've reconnected to my wifi). I'm wondering why it doesnt show 4G in my cellular data settings instead of 3G. I assume, like before, I'd have to option to select between 3G or LTE. Photo attached.

IMG_4934.PNG

@gimonastero wrote:

Hi @hTideGnow !

I did speedtest.net and it showed as 43mbps however it did not show upload speed so I did one from google  and upload showed as 9.54mbps.

What I'm confused about is that when I had the 3G speed constantly showed my network as LTE, would you be able to help me understand why if that is meant to be a 4G network?

Thanks for your time 🙂

Your speed has already been upgraded. Speeds provied by the carrier are a best effort attempt. Unofrtunately, network conditions aren't allow the full speeds.

gimonastero

@computergeek541 yes! I've checked as soon as my plan renewed and it says plan cycle september 8 - october 8. so that's why I'm confused by the other reply as I had LTE show when I had 3G too, so wouldnt think that that was 4G.

gimonastero

Hi @hTideGnow !

I did speedtest.net and it showed as 43mbps however it did not show upload speed so I did one from google  and upload showed as 9.54mbps.

What I'm confused about is that when I had the 3G speed constantly showed my network as LTE, would you be able to help me understand why if that is meant to be a 4G network?

Thanks for your time 🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@gimonastero wrote:

. Currently it's as LTE and the only other option under my data settings is 3G.

HI @gimonastero    LTE is 4G.  So, you said the phone showing LTE, then you are connected to the 4G network.

The next thing you want to do is the check your speed.  Go to Speedtest.net or search for the app and the run the speed test.  Let us know how fast it can download and upload

The LTE signal could be weak or the capacity oversaturated.  If you log into your account, are you on the correct plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.