cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan and being double-billed

Reblywood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my plan and $155 was billed and now a payment of around $73 is being taken every month.  $150 every 90 days does not equal $155 + 73 +73 +73.  I lodged a complaint, was told it could be two weeks, four weeks later and they said they haven't heard anything from the billing department and hopefully we might soon.   Anyone else dealing with this?  If you have auto-pay then you should check it.

7 REPLIES 7

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

As a stopgap  would remove my credit card from the system. And add it back a couple days before your next renewal.

Assuming you only have one one with public.

Not sure what the policy is about having the creditcard company reverse the charges. But you might want to contact them just in case to atleast say you are discussing the issue with them.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Reblywood, unless you just want to rant here, you need to provide a little more detail so that you can help us help you.  Are you saying you are being charged for two different plans, 90 day plan and 30 day plan at the same time?  Obviously this is not normal.  Did you select immediate change option when you changed plans?  If you did that, you will be billed immediately for the new plan and the old plan would be forfeited.  That's how prepaid works.  When you said you complained, to whom?  If you are promised a certain resolution and it's not being honored, telling the community won't resolve that.  You need to work with whoever made the commitment.  Finally, you can always take cellular service provider complaints to the CCTS.  

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Reblywood If there are extra charges taken from your credit card, why you did not remove it from Self-Serve until they clear this mess out? Woman Frustrated What was the cost of your old 30-day plan? I think you are still being billed for your "old" 30-days plan in addition to a "new" 90-days plan.

Personally, I think this is a glitch in the Public Mobile system.

If these would be unauthorized charges, they could have track it to a different account by now.

Did you file complaint with Public Mobile or credit card issuer or both?

Reblywood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was told two weeks.  It's been four weeks.  I checked in and was told wait again and another payment was taken out.  Not okay.

meocon

@Reblywood I never have that problem before. I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate that problem for you.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

It could be glitch in the Public Mobile system.

Another possiblity is that some may be using your credit card number without permision and making unauthorized charges.

jp2

I have not experienced that with auto pay. Just to confirm your credit card was charged it's not just saying that on your account 

Need Help? Let's chat.