cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to a $19 plan

YinWu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am going to work outside of Canada for a year. I just need a basic plan to maintain this number from now on. 

21 REPLIES 21

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I can't, I do not work for PM

You said an agent already agreed to change it for you? or you meant just someone in this commuity?

if you have not talk to PM staff yet, you need to open ticket and ask.  You will need to open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@YinWu the only person that might be able to switch you to a plan that is not available to you would be a CS agent, no one here in the community has access to your account 

Click on the orange circle in the bottom right corner and then type Customer Support Agent 

@YinWu wrote:

The $19 one sounds good. Can you go ahead and switch me to that plan? 

Sorry, but neither slusagm nor anyone else participating in this thread works for Public Mobile.

YinWu

The $19 one sounds good. Can you go ahead and switch me to that plan? 

slusagm

if you talking about plan, the cheapest option is to ask PM to changed your plan to $19 for you, and then you suspend it for 90 days (better for 85 days) and renew or another 30 days, and suspend again like that

YinWu

Thanks. What is the cheapest option? 

@YinWu wrote:

So I don't need to pay during the suspension period of 85 days? Can I do it on the app by myself?

There is no fee owed to Public Mobile for the time in suspension. There is no actual 85 time limit either.  The limit is actually 90 days, but the problem is with how the account immediately closes at exactly 90 days of suspension, so if there is a miscount on the days, resuming service wouldn't be possible.

@Meow wrote:

If you have higher plan most likely you will not be able to downgrade. It looks like downgrading is not possible anymore.

Plan downgrades are still possible, but it depends entirely on the plans offered to each specific customer.  I have several plans that I can downgrade to.

YinWu

So I don't need to pay during the suspension period of 85 days? Can I do it on the app by myself?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you have higher plan most likely you will not be able to downgrade. It looks like downgrading is not possible anymore.

If you want to keep your number, port it out to another provider which charges $15/month (30 days) or suspend your account and every 85th day renew it for a 30 days and suspend again for 85 days, etc.

Or find somebody who needs a phone for a year so let them use SIM and service and pay the bill.

slusagm

if they can do it, you have to ask them to help. We are just customers here and we cannot help you with that. 

So, reply the message you got from CSAgent and ask them to do it for you

Ok, so you have to go back to them and ask them to do it for you.

That plan is available to me in my plan, but if it's not in yours you cannot. Did you sign in and check?

YinWu

They can! 

YinWu

I have already submitted ticket before and they said they could choose it from your end. I can't see it from my options.

@YinWu wrote:

I asked three days ago and your colleagues said they can choose the $19 option from your end...

@YinWu , we are just customers at large helping other customers.  We have no say in what plans are available to a customer.  The way marketing works these days is that you have access to the plans as you see in the in the subscription tab.  Generally plan downgrades are not possible.  

slusagm

@YinWu wrote:

I asked three days ago and your colleagues said they can choose the $19 option from your end...

They can or they cannot?

if you login My Account, do you see such plan?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @YinWu 

$19 plan is for new activation only .  I am not sure if PM agent able to give an exception given your situation.  Submit a ticket and ask:

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

If they refuse to help, your cheaper option is to port it out to a VoIP carrier for the year and setup a new account with a proper carrier when you are back. The best choice out of all is Fongo.  It is free service and you can still use the phone number on the app.  Only charge is a $25 port in fee

YinWu

slusagm

sorry, the $19 plan is not available for everyone now.  If you need to just maintain it with PM, you will need to go into My Account and choose the cheapest available plan

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@YinWu  this plan as you know, is only for new members. 

You have to see what the most affordable plan price is in your account and switch to that.

Since you will be gone for a year, probably better and cost effective to search another provider that is more reasonable in price and port out.

If you are still interested I'm Public Mobile when you come back to Canada, you can shop there plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.