Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change phone number

DianeM57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to have my land line number transferred to become my cell phone number

13 REPLIES 13

@Anonymous, Ah thank you! That makes sense, I'll be sure to guard my word in the future and take a more @gblackma  approach, lol.

But, seriously thank you for just coaching, I didn't take it as a slight. I really honestly do hate how the text comes across. 😕

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm 

I get that. Which is why I would use hedge words like gblackma did with should. Or provide conditions/proviso's.

Going the negative route with I don't think so is more towards saying not rather than saying maybe for customer.

@Naepalm wrote:

@Anonymous reading reviews of transferring landlines, which I did before I responded to this some say,

"Unfortunately, not all landline numbers can be redirected."

So if you tell the customer yes it can be done then it cant, that is a case of overpromising, under deliver and my sale history says that equals "bad" LOL

Cheers

This is where they go to the self serve to be able to check if their number can be ported that is how they would find out.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anonymous reading reviews of transferring landlines, which I did before I responded to this some say,

"Unfortunately, not all landline numbers can be redirected."

So if you tell the customer yes it can be done then it cant, that is a case of overpromising, under deliver and my sale history says that equals "bad" LOL

Cheers

It's should be possible @DianeM57 . You could make sure by asking them. Some small towns own their lines and don't allow porting. If it's Rogers or Bell, you are good to go. Currently, once you have an account with PM, to transfer/ port your number to replace your current one, you have to contact the moderators.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one.
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Note - your landline account mus be and stay active until the port is complete 2.5 to 7 days. Stay safe. 

@Naepalm wrote:
@DianeM57
When you say you want your landline. Do you mean VOIP? Like a digital landline or do you mean a conventional landline?

If you are talking about a conventional landline, I do not think that is possible. If you are speaking about a digital landline where you have a SIM already in use then yes you are able to port your number over.

Now remember you will not receive an email response from your request this is a forum and only the responses below are the responses you receive. If you need more clarification as to how to move your line over, please do not hesitate to ask.

Have a wonderful day!

@Naepalm , yes it is possible to port a conventional landline.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm 

If you're not sure of an answer then don't say it. And often people say email when they mean private message.

@DianeM57You can transfer just about any phone number. There are some exchanges that can't come to Telus/Public Mobile.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@DianeM57 hello who is your landline with? Most landlines CAN be ported over but as mentioned it can be up to 7 days not the fault of Public but the provider you are porting from

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DianeM57  Who is your landline provider?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@DianeM57
When you say you want your landline. Do you mean VOIP? Like a digital landline or do you mean a conventional landline?

If you are talking about a conventional landline, I do not think that is always possible.  (edit) If you are speaking about a digital landline where you have a SIM already in use then yes you are able to port your number over.
Now remember you will not receive an email response from your request this is a forum and only the responses below are the responses you receive. If you need more clarification as to how to move your line over, please do not hesitate to ask.

Have a wonderful day!

shaker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Step 1: Check if Your Landline is Eligible

https://communityphone.org/blogs/news/how-to-transfer-a-landline-telephone-number-to-a-cell-phone

If it is eligible to , port go ahead and sign up with Public mobile.

Welcome to PM.

If you message me, i can even share my referral code, so you can save an extra $10 on sign up.

Regards.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@DianeM57 wrote:

I want to have my land line number transferred to become my cell phone number

You can port your landline over to Public Mobile but it can take up to 7 days to complete the transfer.  Just like a mobile number port, it must be active.

Here is a link to a search on this topic so you can read through and see other experiences of people who have done this  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_pu...

Need Help? Let's chat.