cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from FIDO to PB

Son73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have transferred my line number from FIDO to PB, but my PB and FIDO sim card is not working, neither!

What should I do?

P.S. I have just transferred currently (less than 20 min); would it be OK after 2 hours or not?

11 REPLIES 11

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Son73 

From my experience, it took about 30 minutes to transfer my numbers from Rogers network.  While you are waiting for your answer here, Rogers released your number to PM.  Just make sure that you can receive phone calls and text messages.  If not, let us know.

Welcome to PM and saving...

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If your Fido wasn't working then most probably your PM was activated. Now starting from reboot the device to confirming the unlocked phone, it can be anything. Good that it has resolved. If you let us know what resolved the issue then it might help other members too.

Welcome to PM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Son73   Happy it all works out in the end. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update. What resolved the issue?

Son73

tnx, a lot for your response. It has been resolved 🙂

Son73

tnx a lot for your response. It has been resolved 🙂

Son73

tnx

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Son73 , 

For your porting issue, I will private message you a number.  You can talk to a live person and they can confirm if the number is ported into PM yet

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Son73  There are alot of factors here so we would need more information to try and assist you.

First was your Fido account still active? When you do the transfer of number you should have received a text message from Fido asking you to reply to authorize the transfer of number. Did you do that?

What phone do you have? Is the phone unlocked?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you leave your Fido SIM in to confirm the transfer? How old and what make/model is the phone?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Son73   What is showing on your Public Mobile SIM when you put it in a phone?

try reboot it once

if it shows SIM not provisioned, or if you cannot even make outgoing calls, contact PM Support to confirm if SIM is properly provisioned

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(Keep checking your Community inbox for PM Support reply, they will work with you by message you back.  Envelope icon on top right)

Need Help? Let's chat.