cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Name on call display

Inder_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI

How can I change my Name on call display, right now it is showing Hinton city when I calling someone I want to Display my Name on it ? Plz need a help 

3 REPLIES 3

@Inder_ 

PM does not send name to the receivers of your calls, they only send the number

The reason those who dont have your number see a different name is that their phone used some build in number-name lookup services.  There are multiple ones depending on the devices those people have. 

For example, Samsung uses Hiya services. To update the name entry for you number on Hiya, you have to reach out to them directly here: https://hiyahelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Inder_  this is not something that you can change. It has nothing to do with PM.

Only phone number is displayed with PM. 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Inder_ wrote:

HI

How can I change my Name on call display, right now it is showing Hinton city when I calling someone I want to Display my Name on it ? Plz need a help 

There's no way to change the name that is sent.  Also, Public Mobile doesn't send any name with the phone number when you make a call.  Some phones use software to detect the city name or name of caller, but the database can have mistakes.  The only way to make the name show as you want is for the person who answers to save your phone number in the contact list.  If the company that the phone's software has an error for you name, you have to contact that company that keeps that list.

Need Help? Let's chat.