cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change My Plan issues and when active?

RandyWM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello community,

I have been asked by my workplace to change my phone plan to include Canada and US calling.  I know which plan I want, but when I go into the option to change my plan, I either cannot select anything because there are no options showing, or I am getting the "Oops" error message.  Any idea what is going on?

Also, how quickly will this be activated once I switch my plan?  Do I need to wait until my next scheduled payment, or is there an option to activate the new plan immediately.

Cheers!

14 REPLIES 14

mannycw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If member change midway through the cycle.  1 is you lose any left over from the previous plan.  2 is you also don't get discount applied to the new plan right away (since discounts are given every full cycle).  

I learnt not to mess around with changing plans and making the plan effective immediately.  Always try to change near end of a full cycle.  

@RandyWM wrote:

So, I selected "Change Plan now" and paid for it as requested.

Now when I go to the My Account screen it says that I am still on the $25 plan that I originally had with a $50 credit showing?

Will it change to the new plan, and when will it show on My Account?

Try cycling phone off / on again.

Try putting it in Airplane mode for a couple of minutes, then turn Airplane mode off. Reboot phone.

@RandyWM wrote:

Now when I go to the My Account screen it says that I am still on the $25 plan that I originally had with a $50 credit showing?

@RandyWM 

It looks like that you manually loaded up the fund, but the plan did not change.  Try to manually change plans again.  

RandyWM

@RandyWM wrote:

Hi there,

I was informed that I would actually lose the previously paid amount by other community members. 

Thanks.

You will lose whatever you have left on your current plan...if you opt for Change plan now. There is no refunds or prorating of your old plan.

If you opt for Change at next renewal, your current plan will run until next renewal date, then your new selection will be active.

Here's a couple of other options for you if you need to call the US from Canada. These are applied as "add-ons" to your existing plan and those add-on minutes don't expire until you use them up..even if that takes several months or longer.

400 International Long Distance minutes ....$15
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes...$8

RandyWM

Hi there,

I was informed that I would actually lose the previously paid amount by other community members. 

Thanks.

@RandyWM wrote:

I was able access the My Plan area after I cleared my cache.

However, when I go to change my plan to the new one, which is more money than my current plan, it wants to charge me for the full amount for the new one ($50+taxes).

Will I get reimbursed for the payment I just made 2 days ago ($25+taxes)?

If you choose change plan now you are not reimbursed for any credits from your existing plan. It is best to choose change plan on next renewal date.

@RandyWM  No you will not, that's why there is the option to have the plan change take effect on your next plan renewal. If you don't want to lose you funds the pick that option.

PilotCass

Unfortunately, Public Mobile doesn't offer reimbursements being prepaid plans.

RandyWM

I was able access the My Plan area after I cleared my cache.

However, when I go to change my plan to the new one, which is more money than my current plan, it wants to charge me for the full amount for the new one ($50+taxes).

Will I get reimbursed for the payment I just made 2 days ago ($25+taxes)?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@RandyWM wrote:

Hello community,

I have been asked by my workplace to change my phone plan to include Canada and US calling.  I know which plan I want, but when I go into the option to change my plan, I either cannot select anything because there are no options showing, or I am getting the "Oops" error message.  Any idea what is going on?

Also, how quickly will this be activated once I switch my plan?  Do I need to wait until my next scheduled payment, or is there an option to activate the new plan immediately.

Cheers!

You can select Change plan now or Change at my next renewal option. If you select the first option, it's effective right away. The other will change your plan effective at next renewal so you don't lose whatever talk/tetx/data balance you currently have on your plan. PM has no refunds or prorated plan options.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@RandyWM  Website is misbehaving. Clear your cache and use incongnito mode will resolve the problem. Just keep trying it will eventually come back.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@RandyWM  clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to change your plan.  Add the required $50 and then go to change your plan. Down at the bottom there's the option to switch immediately. 

Stay safe 

PilotCass

Hey @RandyWM!

When you go through the process of selecting a new plan you have the option to activate the plan immediately, or you can schedule the plan to activate on your next scheduled payment. Always great to have the option!

My best guess for the error message would be to log out. Clear cache. And try to log back in with your browser in incognito mode.

Let me know if this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.