cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain vancouver 604 number not working

sophyc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI there,

Can anyone explain why my public mobile number can't ring the below number?

604 986-2261

(It's the line for Mount Seymour park) - at first I thought it was their number not connected, but then I tried on a friend's phone and they got through to the directory.

It just says that the number can't be connected - check the number or try again.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@sophyc wrote:

That number works for me on my PM line from Saskatchewan. With and without caller ID blocked. Try toggling airplane mode on your phone, or rebooting your phone, and try again.

Also, have you confirmed you are still able to call other numbers? Are you on the $15 plan with limited 100 outgoing minutes?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@sophyc wrote:

Actually tried calling *611 and none of their main menu options let's me go through to someone to actually fix the issue lol - please help!

Have you tried calling that number from a different location?

Contact a moderator.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

sophyc

Actually tried calling *611 and none of their main menu options let's me go through to someone to actually fix the issue lol - please help!

sophyc

Thanks! So adding 1 in front doesn't work or even +1

The full message I get is "8uv1 - your call cannot be completed as dialled"

I am calling from Vancouver and I am on a mobile

It does tell me to then call *611 for assistance if I need so maybe I'll try that

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sophyc wrote:

HI there,

604 986-2261

(It's the line for Mount Seymour park) - at first I thought it was their number not connected, but then I tried on a friend's phone and they got through to the directory.

It just says that the number can't be connected - check the number or try again.

Thanks!

This number worked fine for me calling from Victoria.  If the call would be long distance from a landline where you are please add a 1 in front of the number.  Even with Provincial or Canada wide calling it is required if the call would be long distance from a land line/

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

If it is that message you get "long distance charges may apply" then yes adding a 1 like @Gunner123 posts should avoid that message. But it also should go through if you just wait it out.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sophyc ,

I just tried it and it worked for me. 

🙂

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sophyc wrote:

HI there,

604 986-2261

Thanks!

@sophyc hi try adding a 1 in front of your number

Need Help? Let's chat.