cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier Settings update (iPhone)

MK78
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was just prompted on my iPhone 6s for a Carrier Settings update. I've never had that happen since being on PM since Nov/2016. I don't remember what the previous settings were, but now it appears in my settings to say Public Mobile 28.3

Anyone know what the update fixes?

10 REPLIES 10

MK78

@Nowazish wrote:
Why doesnt mms, sms, etc show up?

What do you mean? SMS/MMS work just fine, i just sent a couple MMS from my iPhone to an Android user today.

Nowazish
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Why doesnt mms, sms, etc show up?

MK78

@wxman wrote:

I've noticed worse reception on my iPhone 6 after updating to the latest carrier settings. Getting no service where I previously had no issue.

I haven't noticed any difference either in Downtown Toronto at work and in Scarborough where I live.

@wxman wrote:

I've noticed worse reception on my iPhone 6 after updating to the latest carrier settings. Getting no service where I previously had no issue.

No difference where I live in Mississauga. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

wxman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

MK78

@mtfolks wrote:
Not sure about all the changes but I know it adds support for the Group Messaging option under iMessage settings which I'm super stoked about. This allows iPhones on PM to now support group messaging between iPhone and non-iPhone users rather than breaking the conversation up into separate threads which was super annoying.

Ah, interesting. Not really something i ever encountered, I almost always send back & forth to one person at a time, and the few times I've received and replied to group messages they were just iMessages from other iPhone users.

Good to see PM get support for it. Now if we could get WiFi Calling and VoLTE, would be nice, but I suspect Telus wants to keep those for their main brand.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
Yes, it enables group messaging.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Not sure about all the changes but I know it adds support for the Group Messaging option under iMessage settings which I'm super stoked about. This allows iPhones on PM to now support group messaging between iPhone and non-iPhone users rather than breaking the conversation up into separate threads which was super annoying.

More info here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/iPhone-Support-for-non-iPhone-Group-Text-M...

MK78

It's more curiosity for me, because PM is not an officially supported carrier for iPhone, even though it rides on the supported Telus network.

Maybe at the very least it fixes the voicemail not working by default, without configuring the number with a bunch of codes. I had that problem when I first signed up.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/iPhone-Voicemail-retrieval/m-p/88761

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

not really sure to be honest. My iPhone updated too. I think iPhones are the only eco-system that have/need carrier updates. I would think nothing major has changed from the previous version 

Need Help? Let's chat.