cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant update payment information

DanielF5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I got a new credit card and want to use it as my payment method. When I go to update my payment information it keeps saying my postal code is invalid, but I have put it in correctly.

How can I fix this?

13 REPLIES 13

DanielF5

Some combination of deleting the old card and making sure my postal code was correct in my banking info seems to have fixed the issue.

Varvaroczka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI @DanielF5 ,

had the same issue before and have just resolved it.

The trick was to check your Postal Code in your bank account and provide exatly the same one, when you are updating your cc info in public mobile.

In my case, it turned out, the bank had the last digit of the postal code wrong.

I hope it helps

@DanielF5 

You can try calling 1-855-4PUBLIC and make a manual payment with your new CC.

DanielF5

Yes I have reopened my ticket from last time. I was hoping posting here may accelerate the process/provide additional insight

@DanielF5 

That is strange. I didn’t have a problem couple month’s ago with replacing an expired card.

Your only option is to contact a CS_Agent by submitting a ticket on the Chat bubble or pm by clicking your avatar top right then Messages to a CS_Agent.

DanielF5

I have tried that many times and it won’t let me submit because it says “invalid postal code”

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DanielF5 

Both the postal code of the CC must match what is registered in your account.

Try login to the PM app then to Payment tab>Update Card Information.

IMG_0198.png

DanielF5

Can you explain to me why that would make a difference? I tried this last month too and my location services were already on. Why can’t a customer service person update it for me?

HI @DanielF5 

if you already used (or will use) voucher to pay , then wait even longer before trying to update the credit card, maybe couple days or a week

Try using the app with the location permission granted and please let us know if it works.  

DanielF5

Ok, but I don’t want to buy vouchers forever. How can I get my credit card info updated. Can’t someone from public update it for me since the app/website is bugged?

hi @DanielF5 

if you want to buy voucher, get it from stores without extra fees. Buy from Shoppers Drug mart 

DanielF5

Why is it tricky? Shouldn’t that be like a basic customer service thing to be able to easily pay for the service I want?

I’ve tried in the app and in several different browsers. Same issue no matter what. This is the second month this has been an issue and I had to buy the expensive Recharge top up to pay. They reimbursed me the service charge on my bill last month and I hope they will add a credit again since it is no fault of my own

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @DanielF5 

updating credit card is always tricky

if you don't need to pay now, wait a day and try again tomorrow. Try with app and browser

when you try with app, make sure you allow Location Permission for Public Mobile app before you try.  People had success using app with Location access granted

if that does not work, then try again using Incognito/private/secret mode on your browser to login My Account

Need Help? Let's chat.