cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant recieve calls

tmalloy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi all    so just as of 2pm today I cant recieve any calls without dialing 1 289.......first   texting and i can make calls just fine   I shut off roaming as thought maybe it thinks in longdistance,  changed back to my old phone thinking was the device, airplane mode is off    restarted it and nothing      any ideas?    thanks T

sounds like others are having issues on here 

10 REPLIES 10

tmalloy

i did open a ticket     thank you for your help!

tmalloy

not a new #     

this proplem only started this afternoon     this morning my husband called me  no problem  this afternoon he could not unless he dialed 1   first   

i started a ticket with PM   waiting fora reply  

@tmalloy it looks like the current voice issue is not location related.  There was a post about a couple , one of them have perfect service but the other one has the voice problem

have you open a ticket with PM support yet? Open one if you have not done so l.  Let them know you are on of those affected and ask them to escalate to Telus technician for investigation 

tmalloy

fort erie, ON 

@tmalloy wrote:

everyone who trys to call me     the call wont go through  unless   they dial a 1  before the 289

Is this a new number? Can you confirm the the area code + prefix of your phone number is in fact NOT long distance from the person who is calling your number?

Use this site to enter the area code (289) plus the prefix aka CO code (the next 3 digits) and compare the city that comes up for both your number, and the number of person who is calling you:

https://cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_lookup.htm

You can enter that same information at this site to then check what other cities/areas should be considered a local call from your callers number, or to your number:

https://localcallingguide.com/lca_prefix.php

If you can share the next 3 digits of your phone number and the first 6 digits of the callers phone number I/we can look this up for you as well.

If the person calling you has nation-wide calling included in their plan, it's a good practice to always include the 1 in your phonebook/contact entries so no long distance warning is played, since in that case the warning is irrelevant. With Public Mobile (or Telus Mobility / Koodo) even though that long distance warning plays, just stay on the line and the call will complete anyway after the message.

tmalloy

everyone who trys to call me     the call wont go through  unless   they dial a 1  before the 289

tmalloy

sorry  i can make calls   i had my husband try to call me after his mom calling me and asking why im not in service    if he dials my #  as normal  289.........    he gets a cant complete call as dialed message     if he dials   1  289.......... the call goes through       its like it thinks im long distance 

tmalloy

i have unlimited calling 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry trying to follow you here.  You need to dial 1-289 before you can RECEIVE any calls?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tmalloy

which plan do you subscribe to ? Remember the $15 plan only allows for 100 minutes of outgoing calls.

You can get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on to have just in case you go over 100 minutes.

added...

where you located ? Could be a local network outage issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.