cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make a call

Itemple88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have a unlimited provincial call but i cant make a call since i have used all available minutes?? Whats going on? Why is this happening all of sudden? Pls explain!!!

9 REPLIES 9

Tox1c

If you are using android there is a app called "carrier services" it will not be in the app drawer go to settings > apps uninstall the updates and clear the app data. 

It worked for me, I wasn't able to make phone calls to landline numbers

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Itemple88  It has been couple hours, is the service working again this morning?

Try to make one more reboot.

Also, can I confirm if incoming calls working without issue? Mobile Data working?

What exact plan you are at? You said you have unlimited minute, so it is not $15, right?

And you said you have an unlimited provincial plan?  at least for future, consider consider changing it to the current Canada-Wide Calling plan.  I believe your activated last year when Provincial Wide calling were introduced, PM was trying that but failed in couple weeks and changed everything back to Canada-Wide Calling.  It should be the same price but you can call everywhere for free instead of just within province

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Itemple88 wrote:

I have a unlimited provincial call but i cant make a call since i have used all available minutes?? Whats going on? Why is this happening all of sudden? Pls explain!!!

@Itemple88  - we are customers and members like you here on the public forum. 

Are you able to text back and forth with your wife without issue?

Since this affecting you both it may be a localized network issue, that my resolve itself on its own.

Someone yesterday had the same problem calling their spouse (seemed locally) as well. Adding a '1' in front of the phone number helped them, although they never had to do that before.

You will not get charged anything for added the '1' in front, since this is a prepaid service. 

Occasionally, toggle into airplane mode or restart your devices to see if something resets/or retriggers the network.

If still issues you can each inquire with PM representatives, contact methods found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Curious, what plans are you on and when did you activate? Perhaps you activated early 2021 on provincial plans? Please know now all plans are currently Canada-Wide calling for the same price (or maybe better, depending on your activations dates).

You may want to look into scheduling a plan change on your next renewals if this applies to you.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Itemple88 

You are in Ontario calling an Ontario number correct?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Itemple88 

Power off your phone. Leave off for 10 minutes. Power on and try manually dialing your spouse with (1) in front of the number. If it continues to be an issue contact customer support. If its an emergency and you must use your phone before morning purchase the $5/500min add on and ask for it to be credited back when you talk to customer support. This was the work around when this issue last crept up a year or so ago and previously in 2018 with province wide calling plans.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Itemple88

Tried it but still no luck,, it still says i have used all available minutes,,,(i have a unlimited provincial plan)

Itemple88

Located in Ontario, i have a same plan as my wife has, her phone works totally fine,

ive attempted many times to make local calls it still says i have unavailable minutes even though i have unlimited provincial plan,

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Itemple88 

Hmm, either there is a glitch in the system or a system outage.

Where are you located?

Can you make a local call?

Or maybe try using VoIP in the interim.

@Itemple88 wrote:

This is a likely a temporary issue with Public Mobile's systems. If you dial 1 and then the area code before the number, it might work.

Need Help? Let's chat.