cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant change my plan.

shott
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I have left the country and am hoping to retain my number with Public Mobile. I let my account lapse and waited just under 90 days and am attempting to reactivate the account to keep it live for a while longer but Public wont let me change my plan to a smaller one.

I have enough funds to pay for for the cheap plan. I get to the change plan page and select what I want and then at the bottom there are two buttons to finish the transaction, "top up to reactive plan" and "change on next renewal date" EXCEPT neither of these buttons do anything. 

Help!

3 REPLIES 3

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shott I do agree that the portal needs major improvements. Buying the all about plans post it does discuss changing plans on expired accounts.

productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-about-our-Plans-and-Add-ons/ta-p/22362/jump-to/first-unread-message

About 1/2way down

shott
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the help. I have messaged the mod team. 

Still pretty terrible design for that not to be communicated at all and have buttons that do nothing on the web page. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @shott only mods can change your plan if it is expired. Send them a message with what you want. Typically a 30 day data or text only plan is the cheapest option.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.