cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access account

HMB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just transferred my number to another provider; my public mobile chip is still in the old phone; I can't access my PM account to cancel it. It seems like PM-login doesn't recognize my email that I have used  with this account. 

Has anyone gone through this same issue?? Any advice from people?

9 REPLIES 9

HI @HMB   Sorry, PM is prepaid service and they don't provide refund.  Credit on My Account has to be used towards plan payment or add-ons.  If you are planning to leave, I suggest you to use them up since they are not refundable.  Either stay here for another month till credit all used up, or buy data add-on and enjoy the extra data with the credit

No @HMB , when you port out, you forfeit any balance remaining.

This can be avoided by waiting to port out until you've consumed all (or most) of the available balance remaining on your account.  You could wait another cycle, or purchase an add-on to use it up.  

Hopefully you are able to do this if you haven't quite yet ported out.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @HMB 

No, when you transfer out and have a balance is gone.

public mobile no refund for closed account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@HMB wrote:

If there was a credit on my PM account, will that be credited my to credit card on file?? [after I closed my account]

@HMB  If you ported your number out, you will not get any Available funds money that was sitting on your account when you ported, sorry.

Prepaid services and all.

Did you port to Telus or Koodo, by any chance...? Telus owns both Koodo and Public Mobile.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@HMB wrote:

THanks, I will contact my CC company and ensure there are no charges from autopay. I'm assuming there is no credit if there was credit on the account??

@HMB  - correct, when you port out your PM number, you also lose any Available Funds $s that were in your account.

No credits given back for this.

HMB

If there was a credit on my PM account, will that be credited my to credit card on file?? [after I closed my account]

HMB

THanks, I will contact my CC company and ensure there are no charges from autopay. I'm assuming there is no credit if there was credit on the account??

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @HMB 

when you Transfer out your account with PM will be immediately close.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@HMB  - as soon as you port out your Public Mobile phone number your account closes. And also, you lose access to self serve.

Did you have a credit card associated with the account? If yes, keep an eye out on charges. It should not charge since your account is now closed. But if it does contact CSA to have it removed: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

edit, word correction

Need Help? Let's chat.