cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not working

FrankieKuras
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I can’t go into my voicemail. I get a strange error right away. I reset it and set it all up again. Help please. 
Frankie

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@FrankieKuras 

All your other services are working normally otherwise?:Did you originally port your phone number in? There may be an issue with pm's system not recognizing your phone number for voicemail. There had been the odd similar issue where Rogers customers calling a pm customer get an error message and pm has to correct some kind of technical issue. Contact customer support explaining in detail what you have tried and the errors you get and the CSA will open a tech team ticket to sort it out. Ask for the reference # in case it takes longer than 48 hours to get sorted out so when you ask for a follow up beyond the 48 hours that closes your support request you can easily put the reference # in your follow up requests subject line so the new CSA can understand the issue without you having to repeat yourself.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

FrankieKuras

Tried resetting but I still have the same error. 

FrankieKuras

Same error message calling from landline. 8UV1

FrankieKuras

8UV1

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@FrankieKuras  - if your voicemail was working previous, and not it does not, perform a reset of your network settings on your device.

iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

You can also try to delete the voicemail contact in your contact list completely (if one exists), then add it back in manually (see list of numbers in link), then call it.

You can find what local voice mail number is used in your area (you can use any really if you have Canada Wide calling:

Voicemail Access Numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

Set up voicemail help article here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@FrankieKuras 

To set up your voicemail:

1. Hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad to dial your voicemail access number. Calling your own 10-digit phone number will also bring you to your voicemail.
  2. When prompted, enter a password between 4 to 15 digits long. Try to make it hard to guess, but easy to remember. It will be more secure if you avoid using numbers that are repetitive or sequential such as ‘1111’ or ‘1234’.
  3. Choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
  4. Record your name, and a personalized greeting.
  5. When you’re done, hang up to end the call.

If you need to reset your voicemail password log in to your self serve account and click on the change voicemail password button on your overview page. Follow the instructions there in.

To access your voicemail using a different phone call your 10 digit phone number. When your voicemail picks up press "*" and enter your voicemail pin #. 

Have you tried rebooting your phone? Then calling from a different phone number?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@FrankieKuras   did you try calling from both your own PM cell phone and the landline?  you got the same error?

can you tell us exactly what the error message was

@FrankieKuras wrote:

Hello, I can’t go into my voicemail. I get a strange error right away. I reset it and set it all up again. Help please. 
Frankie

What was the error message?  It's difficult to diagnose the issue without knowing what the message said.

Need Help? Let's chat.