Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view data usage

RideGuy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I follow the directions to see data usage:

- Plans and addons

- Data & Addon Usage

Then only thing there is this message  "Your Add-on limit will show the total min./MB available on your account at the time of your last Add-on purchase."

I'm no $120 for 90 plan.  I think I might be out of data but I can't see how much data I've used.

9 REPLIES 9

RideGuy

@srlawren wrote:

@skmkenn I'd also recommend you check your phone's data usage stats to see which apps are using up the most data.  How to do so: on Android, or on iPhone.

It's actually my wifes phone.  I checked and teathering is the culpret.

I'll have to buy her some more data as her plan does not reset until September 9th.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@skmkenn I'd also recommend you check your phone's data usage stats to see which apps are using up the most data.  How to do so: on Android, or on iPhone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RideGuy wrote:

Thanks for the help all.  I see there's not way to filter usage history for just data.  I'd like to see when I used 12 GB of data.

It is possible to see date in which you last used data (within a 90 day period) by going to Self Serve > Plan and Add-ons > Usage History (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/call-history/). From there, look for the last listed Web entry under Call Type. Not a perfect solution but it should give you an idea of when your data was exhausted.

RideGuy

Thanks for the help all.  I see there's not way to filter usage history for just data.  I'd like to see when I used 12 GB of data.

This workaround does work for non-promo plans without the moderators' assistance:

1. before expiry change plan to the cheapest base plan (currently 30 day texting)

2. logout

3. login and confirm new plan is active

4. change plan to desired plan, pay the necessary amount, logout

Obviously only helpful if data add-on will not see you though to next expiry. I did this for a friend who was using 6 GB/month but have since converted him to the "3G" bonus offer. I have requested the option for early renewal of a current promo plan many times to no avail. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite, no I am not sure but some have done this in the past so it is worth asking about.  Personally I think a plan is a plan for the life of duration 30/90 day if you are out of data you need to purchase an addon or go wtihout until renewal.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Hey @ShawnC13. Are you certain that moderators will renew any plan early?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RideGuy, if you can not see the data addon you have used it all up.  Three options

1. Message a mod to renew plan early
  2. Purchase data addon that doesn't expire.  Any unused portion upon renewal will be available in the future if you need it.
  3. Rely on wifi until your plan renewal date.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

When the data add-on no longer show, all data has been used. If you are not on a promo plan and would rather renew early than purchase a data add-on, there is a workaround that costs $20.

Need Help? Let's chat.