cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot transferring phone number after bad transfer

fblackburn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I've just (3 hours ago) activate my public mobile account but in the form to transferring phone number, I type wrong PIN (my bad) ... Now If I try to transferring phone number through the self service, I got the following message:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

And now, I contact the Public Mobile Community to trying to solve this 🙂

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fblackburn wrote:

Yeah it's a prepaid and the other account can send/receive sms (yes in good standing)

Are you porting a Koodo prepaid number to PM?

If yes, send a private messaget to moderator as suggested by @RobertQc .

If not, restart your browser and try again.  PM website gives you error sometime.

@fblackburn wrote:

Yeah it's a prepaid and the other account can send/receive sms (yes in good standing)

If this is prepaid, Koodo and PM are using the same back end so their automated number porting system is treating prepaid as the same provider. So you can get an error with the "Check eligibility".  You can get a temp number now and get it switch later. There are also problems like using the same e-mail address as your koodo account. I suggest sending off a message to the moderator team as they will be able to access your specific account information. Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

fblackburn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@fblackburnWhere are you transfering the number from?

Is it prepaid? Is it post paid? Is the other account in good standing?

Need Help? Let's chat.