cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporarly Suspend Service

meierjn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day... I understand that you can suspend the service to a phone if it is lost or stolen, but what if you would like it just suspended or deactivated for other reasons? I also see there is a 90 day limit before your account is deactivated.

Are you still charged the full amount of your bill while your device is suspended?

Are there any implications to suspending your device other than the 90 day limit?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

@meierjn wrote:

Good day... I understand that you can suspend the service to a phone if it is lost or stolen, but what if you would like it just suspended or deactivated for other reasons? I also see there is a 90 day limit before your account is deactivated.

Are you still charged the full amount of your bill while your device is suspended?

Are there any implications to suspending your device other than the 90 day limit?

Thanks!

You won't get charged when account in suspension condition but you have to top up before 90 days to have it active again and to keep your number if you won't top up then you will lose your number and sim get permanent locked also if you change your plan when your plan in suspension condition then you won't be able to make any changes you need a mod assistant because you can only top up for the plan you had before going in suspension mode Also if you have a falls promo and if u don't top up before 90 days then you will lose the plan too 

If you are planning to go on suspension mode make sure the day you do that create a 88 days reminder so won't miss the date that you have to top up and of course remove your credit card details from autopay before top up date if you want to go on suspension mode 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@meierjn

Looking at your post history, I see that you signed up to PM around the time of the Fall 2016 promo.  Beware: If you are on the $120 12GB promo plan, you will not be able to switch to any other cheaper plan without losing the promo.  If that's the case, and you want to keep the plan and reduce costs when you don't need to use your service, your only option would be to remove autopay and let your plan expire for up to 89 days, then renew for 3 months, then let it expire for another 89 days, and so on, repeating those two steps for as long as necessary.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you for the correction @Someone_here, I edited the post.

@youbme wrote:
1) Reduce your plan to just province-wide talk, making it $76 per 90 days (or another configuration, as long as talk is included), allowing you to keep your phone for an extended period at a reduced price.

@youbmeno need to keep the talk option... just any one option between talk, text or data works. Can also be 10, 30 or 90 day plans. See also link posted by @Luddite 🙂

youbme

Excellent write-up explaining suspension @Luddite!

Make sure to review his thorough explanation of your options @meierjn.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you decide to let your account go into suspension, remember to remove AutoPay in self-serve so that your credit card will not automatically be charged.

youbme

As @Someone_here explained, when suspended, you continue losing days even though you can't use the service - which is why it is ideal for a lost or stolen phone, not really for pausing your account.

In your situation, @meierjn, there are two options depending on how long you would like to "suspend" your account.

1) Reduce your plan to just province-wide talk, making it $76 per 90 days (or any configuration another configuration, as long as talk is included), allowing you to keep your phone for an extended period at a reduced price.

2) Turn off auto-pay and miss your payment, forcing your account into suspension. You can keep your number as long as you make a payment and reactivate within 90 days of your account being active.

More info: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M9...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Hi @meierjn

1) Reporting lost/stolen for other reason: nobody will know, go ahead (however there are no real advantages I can see...).

2) The amount you already paid will not be refunded.

3) The days you already paid and are not using since you account is in "lost/stolen" status won't add up, they are lost (I read both (days being credited/not credited) in the forum, but tried it last weekend and my renewal date stayed the same, so I assume you lose the days)

4) Your credit card won't be charged until you reactivate your service.

5) No other implication. Just be sure to reactivate on the 88th day just to be sure not to go one day over or if there are any problem when reactivating to let the time for mods to help you out before your account expires...

Hope this answers your questions!

Need Help? Let's chat.