cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive incoming calls/ text & account is locked

chris11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.

Im on 3 day and my phone still isnt working. I ported my number from 711. Outgoing calls and text work fine but I am not getting any incoming calls or text.

My account is also locked out. The forgot password function didnt send me an email to reset.

I have already sent the moderator team 3 messages but no reply........

Please help

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ollybear1985 wrote:

I am having the same frickin issue...and sent 4 messages to moderators w no response...

@Ollybear1985:

Not knowing who you're replying to other than the subject line...

what's working, what's not working? Talk in/out, text in/out, data in/out?

What have you done so far to try to get whatever's wrong going?

Account locked - contact moderators - which you've done - they always seem to be slow now.

Not receiving - did you just port your number to here? If so does your old SIM still work?

Ollybear1985
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same frickin issue...and sent 4 messages to moderators w no response...

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

One can be patient and prepared but still frustrating ,when porting,or auotpay

does not work.

very hard not to try to pay manually or pay twice.

PM availability i undestand but electronic payment bugs and glitches i have a hard time.

Very hard to coordinate with PMs as some of us work and one dos not know who is on on the other side.

@chris11 Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). i.e. Be Prepared

3 days very poor response. Hang in there. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

chris11

Thanks, maybe I will call SpeakOut to see if the acount is blocked, just incase!

Also... In my case, SpeakOut put a 72 hours block on my account after the first failed attempt to port. The only released the number before the block period was up when I called them. That was in April 2017, so hopefully policies have changed since then.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoaster thanks  good to know.

@chris11 the reason I mentioned it was to avoid back and forths. The more complete info mods have the faster the solution.

@mimmo wrote:

Did you include your porting info in the message ie name exactly as in711 and account number?

@mimmo

Speak out doesn't have account numbers. I think in this case the account number field has to stay blank.

In my case I was advised by a Speak out CSR that they need the IMEI and the PIn. However, there was someone who did a more recent port with just the phone number and PIN.

chris11

I didnt include the 711 account #, as i didnt know what they needed in order to do the re-port.

When i origionally did the port, i didnt supply the 711 account number- instead, i provided the IMEI number, the phone number and the email account associated with it.

I assumed the moderators would get back to me and let me know what additional information they needed.

Thanks

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Did you include your porting info in the message ie name exactly as in711 IMEI and pin ?

Edit removed account number added IMEI and pin as per @wetcoaster.

chris11

Thanks for the reply.

I can reveive incoming text and calls on the 711 plan. I just didnt want to have to put credit on the account for the sake of a couple of days (untill the moderators get back to me)

The 711 account is still functional so hopefully the mods can redo the port for me.

Sounds like a failed port. In addition to the advice above: Your Speak out SIM is most likely still fully functional (as long as your account with them is still active, which is a must for a successful port when the mods re-submit your port request.) Use it until it stops working due to the completion of the port.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chris11, it is usually a few hours for a first response.  However, They were backed up quite a bit the past couple of weeks.  Not sure if they are caught up yet.

chris11

Thanks for the reply! 

Is there any kind of time frame i can expect?........As i mentioned i am now on day 3 without a working phone 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chris11, It seems as though your number port is stuck.  Moderators can help with that.  as for the password, that too needs a moderator to reset.  Note:  do not send multiple private messages to the moderator team.  You will keep bumping yourself to the bottom of the queue.

Need Help? Let's chat.