cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ported successfully from Koodo!!!

wdpm94
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just want to post
a good news story in this community. I followed the guidelines posted below and within 15 mins the entire process was done. SO happy. This is a great community. 

Just want to tell folks that if you follow the instructions posted in this community, i'd say about 90% of the time you won't have a problem. hope this helps. 

Thanks Public Mobile Cat LOL

8 REPLIES 8

shizhengj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any one was able to port the koodo prepaid nubmer using the self service? I following all the steps but I always got the error "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.“ under phone number change. As far as I know koodo prepaid number may need moderators involved to be ported.

ulovebass
if you follow the process here, it won't take more than 10min.
I'm happy to hop on this plan. reception and lte speed are good enough for me! 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Love people who can read and actually take the time to read 🙂

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

but i agree with the solution that was listed above. 

I used a temporary number at the beginning

I did not use the same email i had for my koodo account (after i ported my number over I changed it)

I did not put any dashes in my phone number or my account number ( my account number never had any dashes)

I clicked the I am authroized box

I left all of the other fields blank (IMEI and such) but I did put in an alternate phone number.

I also typed my name the way it appears on my Koodo self-serve online 

When i clicked submit i automaticaly received an email from koodo saying that I ported over. I reboot my phone and I was up and running!

my koodo number was postpaid, but I was on a month to month plan because my phone was unlocked so I had no tab balance 

shizhengj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Was it a koodo prepaid number you ported? I am still having trouble porting my koodo prepaid number.

i followed these steps yesterday and it worked perfectly! I was ported almost instantly! I hope everyone coming from Koodo/Telus sees this 

wdpm94

these were the guildelines for anyone porting from koodo:

- do not use the same email address for Kood and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your Koodo account number; it is always the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be exactly as it appears on your Koodo bill

- do not use the person's Koodo number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Koodo number (courtesy imm1304)

** one more point to note, I didn't have data but I had to set it up in my APN settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.