cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive any type of verification text messages from any institution

raythecaddie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just ported over my number to Public Mobile, now I cannot receive any type of verification text message or any verification phone calls.  It does not matter if its one of my banks or any type of institution that needs to send me a verification code to confirm my identity.  I've search the internet for solutions and nothing has changed.

7 REPLIES 7

@raythecaddie1   You could ask customer service for help, send a private message using this link, and watch your community inbox for a reply (envelope icon top right, or click on avatar and select "Messages"

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

raythecaddie1

Yes I did receive the permission text and replied "YES"

@raythecaddie1   When you were porting your number over did you receive a permission text from your previous carrier to which you replied YES to the port?  Did you have a temporary PM number prior to the porting?

raythecaddie1

Thanks for the reply, however It's been close to a week already, and I can't receive the phone call option for verification either.  I can receive calls and texts from family and friends

@raythecaddie1 - when you port your number over, it does take time for the 2FA texts to 'find your new account'. So give it a few days (up to 7 maybe), and they should start to come in.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you JUST ported your number it will take a little while for SMS to find a 'route' to your phone.
Give it a few days before next SMS attempt.

Depending on a bank you should be able to ask them to send verification code by voice and temporary you could provide some other phone number OR ask them to send you by email.
Yes, modern technology and verification are PITA! I cannot imagine how older people handle this situation or people without mobile phone/emails.

raythecaddie1

Even when trying to log into my Public Mobile account I don't receive the 6 digit verification code.  At least on this site I had the ability to switch to getting an email with the code, but my banks accounts only have text or call options which neither work.   

Need Help? Let's chat.