cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make phone calls suddenly.

coffeelover
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI,

I suddenly cannot make any phone calls. I have the talk and text plan and I never had this issue before - my account is fully active and I have a balance. When I try to make a call, i get "this is a long distance call - please add 1 before the number". When I dialed 1 before the number, i still got the same message. I cannot make any calls. Please advise.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

you are on the $15 plan, look like you run out of minutes.. 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@coffeelover 

Do all your other phone services work? If you sign into self-serve does it show account status as "active"?

It's possible you may have consumed all your allotted minutes for the current cycle, if you are on a minute limited plan. 

Check here: (if no minutes are displaying it means they are consumed,  if on a minute limited plan)

HALIMACS_0-1621473406240.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

try reboot the phone and then try calling with a 1 in front of the 10 digits again.

coffeelover

Tried it. Doesnt work. I rebooted the phone and I still got the same message after adding a 1

coffeelover

Everything is active . Still cannot make a call. See below:

coffeelover_0-1621473731075.png

you are on the $15 plan, look like you run out of minutes.. 

There it is @coffeelover , as I initially provided,  you're out of outgoing minutes.

You can purchase an add-on of 500 minutes for $5. The great thing about these is they do not expire and will remain on your account until they are used up.

Shakes head everytime...1000 words.

@coffeelover 

To purchase the $5.00 for 500 Canada Wide minutes calling add on, using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re done.
  5. Some users have found that rebooting device is required afterwards.

coffeelover

Is it so hard to display to the user online that you ran out of minutes instead of all this guesswork ???? Bad UX