cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make calls/calls go to voicemail after port

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello all,

I just ported my number from Petro Canada mobile to Public Mobile maybe 5 hours ago.

3 hours ago I get a text from PM saying that it was successful.  I turned off my phone and turned it back on and tried to make a call, but it ends immediately and calls to my number go directly to voicemail.

I checked the number on my phone and it is the right phone number and text messages works fine.

Is everything going to be okay and I just have to wait a few more hours?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

A porting request that is in-process should not effect the ability to make outgoing calls (only for incoming calls).

I am actually about the specific phone model that you are using.  The reason I ask has to do with Petro Canada/Ztar uses the Rogers network which has 2g GSM available. 

I could be way off on my speculation here, but I do know that is possible to have a phone that is compatible with Petro Canada, but not Public Mobile.  This is because Public Mobile does have access to a 2g gsm network.  If your phone does not have compatibility with 850/1900MHz 3g/UMTS/HSPA networks, but does have compatibility with one of Public Mobile's LTE bands, you would still be able to send and receive text messages but you would not be able to make phone calls.

Edit: sorry, didn't see the post about everything working now

Glad to see every thing is working now.

MacMe

@srlawren wrote:

@MacMe thanks for the update, glad you're up and running.  Odd that you had to do that, though.  Out of curiosity, if you switch back to Automatic network selection, does the problem reoccur, or do things keep working correctly?

Yes, I did try and switch it back to Automatic and was still able to make/receive calls.  I'm not sure if I reboot my phone if I will have the same problem.  I'm just glad everything works now and can fix it if it happens again 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MacMe wrote:

Thanks for all the replies.

It's working now.  I had to manually choose Public Mobile as the Network operator on my phone.  

@MacMe thanks for the update, glad you're up and running.  Odd that you had to do that, though.  Out of curiosity, if you switch back to Automatic network selection, does the problem reoccur, or do things keep working correctly?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MacMe

Thanks for all the replies.

It's working now.  I had to manually choose Public Mobile as the Network operator on my phone.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message Click here 

In your message put it, please include .
- your account number , if you have it , or email address .
- your phone number and 4 digit PIN .
- your name .
- Detailed explanation of specific.
- them can help you a lot nice team service.

Good Luck

@LEGO FYI: 3 hours is long enough for a cell phone to transfer; landlines/voip can take 10 days. Otherwise, spot on advice.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @MacMe, I'm sorry to read about this issue and will definitely assist you with this matter. Please get back to me with the requested information in my private message. 

Cheers 🙂

Aïssata

LEGO

@MacMe 

It is always better to continue to use your old provider until service stop working, then you know that transfer was completed and you can swap your SIM cards.

If it has been 24 hours since you ported, the port is either still in the process of being completed or is stuck. You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.