cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make any calls

AquamanInWater
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried multiple times over a couple of days to call another Canadian number from within Canada and got a message saying that I don't have US roaming. Does anyone have an idea what the issue might be?

9 REPLIES 9

@LitlLdy- had that thought in their list of possibilities. It has been a thing in the last while when it's either your account is suspended, or the recipient account is suspended, or you've connected to a US tower (for which you should then get a welcome to the US text).

AquamanInWater

The problem was quite simple. The credit card for the person I was calling was expired so their account was suspended. Thanks for all the help.

Kam6

This is happening to me as well and the online help is complete garbage. I have even tried to sign in online and no one can help me login. It's so difficult to navigate this terrible AI Chat bot to get to a real human being.

@maple_leaf wrote:

Thanks @computergeek541 , I realize this, but I felt I had to ask these troubleshooting questions in the event network/settings are a factor for this member. I also asked if OP had checked their online account to see if the subscription was active (the same as @BKNS27 did below), which according to a separate and recent post linked below, seems to be the most likely reason for this U.S. Roaming message (as per @softech and confirmed by the OP in that thread).

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Something-s-amiss-us-roaming/m-p/1026506/...

@maple_leafIt can definitely be a few different reasons that can happen. Speaking from my personal experiences & many other Customers, @AquamanInWater  could be to close to the border & needs to select Public Mobile in network settings not set to automatic, or someone’s account isn’t active, or a simple reboot of the phone, or resetting network settings can fix an issue, or can also be @computergeek541 suggestion needing CS_Agents to fix it on their end which was my issue once. All those reasons have been mine at different times!

We won’t know until @AquamanInWater responds back so that troubleshooting can be done!

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks @computergeek541 , I realize this, but I felt I had to ask these troubleshooting questions in the event network/settings are a factor for this member. I also asked if OP had checked their online account to see if the subscription was active (the same as @BKNS27 did below), which according to a separate and recent post linked below, seems to be the most likely reason for this U.S. Roaming message (as per @softech and confirmed by the OP in that thread).

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Something-s-amiss-us-roaming/m-p/1026506/...

@maple_leaf wrote:

Hello @AquamanInWater , Is this only happening when calling one number, or to any Canadian number from within Canada? Are you located near a U.S. border city? Have you checked your phone's network settings to ensure it is set to Automatic network selection? Have you checked your online account to ensure your subscription is active?

There is a known Public Mobile issue causing this that unrelated to actual roaming.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@AquamanInWater 

There was several inquiries about this issue but check to see if your account is active/subscribe by login to your account or dialling 1-855-4PUBLIC and check your status.

It could also be a glitch in the system so if everything is fine…contact a CS_Agent by private messaging at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Note that staff hours are 9:00am to 10:00pm EST so they will pm you back in the morning.

@AquamanInWater wrote:

I tried multiple times over a couple of days to call another Canadian number from within Canada and got a message saying that I don't have US roaming. Does anyone have an idea what the issue might be?

I have also encountered this.  It's not a device issue and can't be fixed by changing any settings on your phone.  In my case, Public Mobile customer support agents were able to get this fixed.  There's also a chance that it could be the result of the person who are calling being a Public Mobile custoemr but that account being in suspension.

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @AquamanInWater , Is this only happening when calling one number, or to any Canadian number from within Canada? Are you located near a U.S. border city? Have you checked your phone's network settings to ensure it is set to Automatic network selection? Have you checked your online account to ensure your subscription is active?

Need Help? Let's chat.