cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log in to SelfServe after porting out

alexttp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I successfully ported out to another carrier, and now cannot log in to my PM SelfServe account. Is this the expected behavior?

If so, how am I supposed to disable autopay?

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@alexttp wrote:

I successfully ported out to another carrier, and now cannot log in to my PM SelfServe account. Is this the expected behavior?

If so, how am I supposed to disable autopay?

@alexttp  once you pass the point of when your next PM renewal would have been, and you see no charges on your credit card you should be free and clear. 

IF you do see any charges, or just need to confirm for sanity sake, then CSA can be contacted to ensure all is removed (which I am sure it should be after porting).

Methods to contact CSA: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@alexttp 

As other members had pointed out that it is too late to remove the autopay cc info from your account after porting out your number. 

If you have more than one credit cards that you can use while reporting your autopay cc was misplaced or lost, you will get a new cc with new number in couple of weeks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alexttp : Usually , it is recommended that customers remove the payment card from their account with ANY business that has kept your payment card for taking your money.

Or...change it to a spent-out prepaid card and delete a real card if there just must be a card present. There are some services that don't let you remove a card though. Those suck.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@alexttp 

Usually , it is recommended that customers remove the payment card from their account before porting out.

Since it's too late now, all you can do is keep tab on your cc statements for a little while and report any erroneous charges to PM for reversal. 

@alexttp wrote:

OK, thanks.

Here's to hoping I won't find otherwise when the next billing cycle rolls over.

@alexttp   should be ok.  Make sure you check the credit card to confirm.  Worst case, it is just a ticket to PM.. but again, 99% confidence that there is no issue

alexttp

OK, thanks.

Here's to hoping I won't find otherwise when the next billing cycle rolls over.

No, @alexttp ,  the account is closed so there should be no more charges to get triggered by a cycle renewal.

alexttp

That's great, but it was ported before I had a chance to disable autopay. Does this mean I'll continue to be charged indefinitely?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@alexttp 

Once you port out, your account is closed and self-serve is disabled.

Just make sure to watch your payment card transactions to ensure no more charges are applied.

Need Help? Let's chat.