Did you mean: 

Cannot enter my mobile number

P8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What a lousy cp

19 REPLIES 19

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

simply because the number is with your old account.  PM can fix it, open ticket with them and wait.  It will be fixed tonight or tomorrow.  We are just customers, we cannot help further

P8

If I got my profile in the app, then manage eversafe id, type in mobile number like it asks for. It replied with a nuisance error that says: an existing eversafe id already exists with this phone number.

How do I get to eversafe? Public mobile ought to provide this you think?

slusagm

so, the last one might be using this phone number and so giving you the problem.  You need PM to clear up

it is not a big issue if you can use email to receive 2FA.  You can click Didn't receive code and check if email is an option

P8

I just have this new account. I let the last one expire

slusagm

do you have 2 accounts with PM or just one?

if just one, then something not right.  Ask PM to help.  You can reach them by clicking on the orange chatbot icon, type Submit Ticket and then select Contact Us and it will bring you to ticket open screen

If you have 2 accounts, then the phone number on EverSafe on both must be different, no other way

P8

How to get customer service to change it. I've already tried using these links.

P8

Why 2 logins, and how to access eversafe to get this ridiculous thing fixed?

slusagm

So, you are trying to update the number on EverSafe? that is to update where you receive the 2FA code. Problem is one phone number can be set to one EverSafe account.  Maybe the number you want to enter is already with another EverSafe account?  If it is, you need another mobile phone number

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In that case you would need to get customer service agent to change it, like Handy1 said. You can use this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

P8

Not having problems logging in, it's the "cannot enter my mobile number" problem. 

P8

Tried multiple times. Says enter mobile number, but gives an error says that the number is already in use with an eversafe id.

The only number I could enter was my landline, which is not my mobile number.

TheSterlinger

You can sign in using your email instead of having a code sent to your phone number. After you have Logged in then you can change it in the profile tab. Click the manage EverSafe then change the number.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@P8  So you need to update the number in your account profile page in the ever safe section . If you cannot . Get support to update it for you using the link I sent in my first reply 

Add pic 

Handy1_0-1720655690537.png

slusagm

but you cannot login?? it cannot submit to port number??

we can't think of at which stage you need to enter phone number and you cannot. 

P8

The number I have is the new account number I got from PM. The account thing keeps using the old number

P8

Thru the app, or web, or both. 

TheSterlinger

@P8 

What are you trying to do ?

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@P8, where are you trying to enter you mobile number, through the Public Mobile app or web browser?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@P8  Are you trying to port a number in to public mobile ? If so is your old provider account / sim still active ? It needs to be . Also you’re not trying to port in from Koodo pre paid by any chance ? If so you need to create account with temp PM phone number then get support to transfer the number for you 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.