cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to internet on Public Mobile, in Ontario

GiantSeat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Cannot connect to internet on Public Mobile, in Ontario.  Anyone know where to check network status for data on Public Mobile

Thanks,

GiantSeat

12 REPLIES 12

GiantSeat

That's it, I was worried about data overage charges, so it's good to know that the data will just stop.  Installed a data manager to keep an eye on the data useage.

Thanks again!

@GiantSeat wrote:

Oh lord, everything is working!  Silly me, I turned off using mobile data (hidden in data usage setting on S7) last month, because I was getting close to the limit.  Wow, sorry about the massive brain cramp, and thank you for asking the obvious questions.

@GiantSeatFYI you never have to turn it off if you are worried for overages since this is pre-paid you never will get extra charges.

But if it was turned off just to save some in case of emergency then ignore my comment above.

Glad to hear you are good to go now

GiantSeat

Oh lord, everything is working!  Silly me, I turned off using mobile data (hidden in data usage setting on S7) last month, because I was getting close to the limit.  Wow, sorry about the massive brain cramp, and thank you for asking the obvious questions.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@GiantSeat wrote:

Data & Add-Ons

4.5GB at 3G Speed

Amount Used

0.002 / 4608 MB

You have literally used 0. That's almost suspiciously low. Depending on when your renewal was it looks like it has not been working since then, or you never left your house wifi proximity

Can you try your sim in another phone? That would allow us to narrow it down to either your phone or your service

GiantSeat

Data & Add-Ons

4.5GB at 3G Speed

Amount Used

0.002 / 4608 MB

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

does the data addon show up in your selfserve oveview page?  if its not there that means data is used up.

@GiantSeat wrote:

APN settings are good.

Turned On, then Off airplane mode.

LTE connection.

Sent an MMS from another phone, and received fine on S7.

@GiantSeatLog into self serve and confirm you can see under "My Data & Add-Ons" your data plan

Do you have another phone to try your sim card in to see if data is working?

Have you tried data on more than 1 app, have you confirmed you have no local data restrictions / firewall settings? Go into mobile data usage under settings and make sure you have not used your local "data limit" and there are no network restrictions

Does your phone up at the top near the clock on the status bar say LTE or 3G or H?

GiantSeat

APN settings are good.

Turned On, then Off airplane mode.

LTE connection.

Sent an MMS from another phone, and received fine on S7.

GiantSeat

thanks, checking the apn settings now...phone is a Galaxy S7.

@GiantSeat wrote:

Hey RobertQc, 

I signed up on the $40 4.5GB plan and was using data last month fine.  This month, I was on wi-fi most of the time, and today tried to use data (non-wifi) and it wouldn't connect.  I've rebooted the phone, but no joy.  Data is turne on.  Any ideas on what I else I can check?

Thanks,

GiantSeat

Check to see that your APN settings have not changed.

Turn air plane mode ON then OFF

Go into network search and try reconnecting to the network and make sure LTE is set to preferred (even if you have 3g)

Does MMS work? (Not SMS) MMS uses data

GiantSeat

Hey RobertQc, 

I signed up on the $40 4.5GB plan and was using data last month fine.  This month, I was on wi-fi most of the time, and today tried to use data (non-wifi) and it wouldn't connect.  I've rebooted the phone, but no joy.  Data is turne on.  Any ideas on what I else I can check?

Thanks,

GiantSeat

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@GiantSeat wrote:

Cannot connect to internet on Public Mobile, in Ontario.  Anyone know where to check network status for data on Public Mobile

Thanks,

GiantSeat

@GiantSeatHi GiantSeat, did you just sign up? Or have you been using data for a while and it just stopped working? Has data ever worked for you?

What kind of phone do you have? What plan are you on? Does your plans till have data? Does MMS work?

Without knowing any other information I can tell you the most likely cause. You need to manually configure your APN.

You need to configure your APN settings to be able to send pictures (MMS) and navigate on internet (DATA). Your "Mobile Data" needs to be activated.

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Name: Public Mobile / Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network.  

APN Tethering Settings: 

Name: Tethered Mobile Internet
APN: isp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: Not set
MMS proxy: Not set
MMS port: Not set
MCC: 302